Bmw x5 2003 rear lights

THE-FLASH

Hi all im new here and hope to be ale to come here if i get stuck as well as be here if any of you need any help...

So my latest problem...

I own THE FLASH - DIAGNOSTICS REMAPS AND AUTO ELECTRICAL REPAIRS in blackpool. I also make led lights for cars its easy once you have done a few,all you need is the rear lights out the car,then a marker pen, a dremmel with lots of cutting blades,electronic perth boards and a few bags of 5v red,yellow and white led bulbs.i take measurements of the area im going to be working with ,then cut down the perth board and put the led bulbs onto it, then i offer the board upto the work area its going to be going,would it be the light and brake or indicator or reverse led light then when im happy... out comes the dremmel and i cut out a slightly smaller area from the tail light i then put the led perth board into te tail light and just hold it there with tape to try i then put power to it,once lit i then heat gun glue it into place all the way round so no moisture gets into the tail light and move onto the next bulb im changing to led, till all the lights are changed to led.i then solder the wires of the led perth boards and onto the original connection of the tail light that once lit up boring bulbs....then to finish the job i fibre fill over the tail light where ive cut out,once dry i sand down and spray the whole area with satin black arsehole can...

So no thats out the way.. I have made around 90 sets of lights for customers even used arundel blinking sequence module that allows you to set the led lights to come on in patterns or you can choose them to chase light which works like the latest audi q7 indicators.
So everything has been going just fine confidence is unbeaten until today grrrrrrrrrrrr...
And being a auto electrician only makes it more annoying so thats why im here,hoping theres someone on here that knows about BMW X5 rear quater light modules.Its my frst set on a bmw obdviously because i only get boy racers with there puntos saxo's 106's fiesta's etc.My pal gets given a 2004 bmw x5 of his auntie as she has upgraded to a brand new model and the trade in value was so low she felt it in her heart to give it her nephew.So he calls round and yesterday i installed led indicators and led drl lights into his front light units, he buys a set of the brightest hid bulbs with ballasts for the main lights once all ready to switch on i do and all is perfect lights up without a fault.

So this morning i take out his rear lights and set about them turning them all to led like i always have done in the past 2 and a bit yrs.i solder the wires to the connection and plug them in,all work in my workshop and as he wanted his indicators to flash like an arrow i had to use an arundel programme board.and again in the workshop they work perfect.i take them to his x5 and plug them in and although they work.
I now have more lights than i wanted due to the instrument cluster " dash " lighting up bulb failure lights the gearbox cog light the engine management light the once flashing left or right indication liight is now both lights although they are not on when i look and work if you indicate left or right,the tail lights and brake lights work fine as does the reverse,but even when you turn the x5 off alll the dash lights remain on like im sending power to the dash but ive checked my connections and tested each wire,even though i had tested them before and after like i always do so i knew i had done it correctly anyway.so i unplug the rear lights.plug my delphi diagnostics in and do a fault scan,and because there is no faults the lights all go out on the dash.
so then i go through the madness stage thinking mmmmmmm.shall i leave the ignition on whilst i connect the tail lights,so i do and as soon as i connect the first one all the lights appear on the dash,so i think ill connect the other up first, but guess what??? yep you got it right same thing happens.So next i disconnect the battery,connect the lights and connect the battery that dosn't work.so the last thing i do is connect everything have all the lights on and then plug my delphi diagnostics system in and scan for faults it clears everythin,but the rear light failure and the indicator direction arrows on the dash.
I then tell my pal he cant have his x5 back till ive sorted out the fault,ive come in at 11.30pm and its now 3.48am and all ive done is looked for reasons.but the internet being the internet as soon as i put led rear lights fault in,it thinks im talking about aftermarket rear lights and people asking about why3 led's go out on the drivers side rear cluster etc,theres absolutely shite on the internet about modifying original rear light clusters to led light boards ill throw up a few photos of what i mean that i make.. It might help with someone reading this essay then explaining as to why although i know its something to do with rear light module in the rear quater panel hich ive looked at,and i know its going to be something to do with resistance and the power output..If this is the reason that the rear lights have to have a resistor to cancel the warning light.
Could someone kindly tell me what power resistor i need and if it goes to the cluster itself or do i have to modify the module itself.Any help at all a diagram or a simple explination will be most appreciated. thanks all for reading this first post i hope you found my punctuation shite as im no english teacher nor did i learn grammer at school haha.

heres an idea of how i make the led light boards

---------- Post Merged at 05:00 AM ----------

IVE JUST READ SOMETHING ABOUT THE INDICATOR LIGHTS BEING STUCK ON AND TRIED WHAT THEY SAID WITH THE FLASHER RELAY AND IT WORKED HAHA,THE INDICATOR LIGHT ON THE DASH ONLY COMES ON WHEN I INDICATE THAT WAS PRETTY EASY TO DO.

ANYWAY THIS SITE WONT ALLOW ME TO POST PICTURES IF YOUR INTRESTED OR DONT KNOW WHAT I MEAN THEN GO ON EBAY AND THERE IDENTICAL TO ITEM NUMBERS just copy and paste this number into ebay search 112136169506 then do the same with this item number 371786511445

HOPEFULLY NOW SOMEONE WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO TO GET THE LIGHT OUT ON THE DASH THAT SAYS THE BULBS ARE BLOWN AND THERES ANOTHER LIGHT ON THE DASH IVE NEVER SEEN,THINK ITS SOMETHING TO DO WITH WHEN YOUR TOWING, THING IS IM ONLY USING 5V LED'S AND WHAT I CANT UNDERSTAND IS HOW COME I CAN CONNECT THESE LED CLUSTERS I MAKE UPTO A 2009 AND 2013 FIESTA, A 2006 AUDI A3, A 2008 VW GOLF ,2 TRANSIT CONNECT VANS ONE A 2004 THE OTHER A 2010... AND HAD NO PROBLEMS NO LIGHTS COMING ON THE DASH,IF ITS SOMETHING TO DO WITH POWER RESISTENCE THEN SURELY AT LEAST ONE CAR IVE DONE OVER THE YEARS. ID HAVE COME ACCROSS THIS WHY ONLY NOW AS SOON AS I DO A BMW..WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IS IT THE REAR LIGHT MODULE IF SO THEN ILL ACTUALLY DO AWAY WITH THE MODULE ALTOGETHER AND RUN A PART LOOM FROM THE LIGHT SWITCH AND THE BRAKE PEDAL TO THE LIGHT CLUSTERS AND THEN REMOVE THE LED FROM THE CLUSTER THAT SHOWS A BLOWN LIGHT BULB.WHICH WILL BE A RIGHT ARSE BUT I WONT BE BEATEN HOWEVER IF THERE IS A SIMPLE WAY AND NOT A DAFT ONE LIKE BUY SOME PROPER LED LIGHTS AT £300 QUID WHEN MINE COST £75 OR PUT ORIGINAL BACK IN WHICH DEFEATS THE WHOLE THING ..THEN ID LIKE TO READ HOW TO DO IT.

IF ANYONE WANTS TO MAKE LED CLUSTERS AND WANT TO KNOW ANYTHING OR SEE DIAGRAMS OR THE FINISHED JOB LET ME KNOW AND IN A FEW MORE POSTS ILL BE ABLE TO SHOW YOU OR IF YOU HAVE AN EMAIL PM IT ME AND ILL SEND YOU DIAGRAMS ETC OR IF THERES ANYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW ABOUT CAR ELECTRICS MAPPING,DIAGNOSTICS, LOST KEY CODES FOR NEW ONES TO GET CUT, MILEAGE CORRECTION, HOW TO GET INTO YOUR CAR IN 30 SECONDS WITHOUT USING ANY TOOLS, RADIO CODES,WHATEVER YOU NEED GIVE ME A SHOUT

Back