"Boot" Help Please

mickey214

A couple of months ago I bought a Zgemma Star S receiver, which enabled me to watch EPL/CL football. The scrambled channels all appeared in a format identified as 'Slyk1' and have been brilliant. Yesterday certain HD channels disappeared, but their corresponding SD channels were there. Prior to noticing their disappearance, my bouquets were updated (please dont assume this means I have any idea what these are, but it has happened so often, I assume its some sort of coding?). Foolishly, I wondered if the box needed updating, so I tried to do this last evening. Immediately the word 'BOOT' appeared on the front of my set top box and on the TV screen was just 'REMOVED'. I have tried switching the box off with the white button, unplugging it completely and removing the satellite cable. Nothing works and now 16 hours later, the box does nothing and the word 'boot' is still there. Can anyone please advise me (in simple terms please), what I can do, or is it a case of buying a new box? Many thanks and please feel free to chuckle at my dimwittedness. (I have deliberately not mentioned any company names as I do not want to breach any rules or cause issues).

Bascially, you had vix installed on your zgemma.
VIX do not support zgemmas due to the maker of zgemmas cloning World of satellite boxes in the past.
Therefore the vix image you were using on your box is a hacked version.
Because of this you cannot do a software update. A software update will crash your box. The only safe way to update a zgemma with vix image on is to reflash your box with a new up to date image.

The only way to now fix your boot loop now is to reflash you box with a new image.

It is recommended to install openatv instead of openvix, as this is officially supported and you can update it when ever you like.

Firstly make sure you have a copy of your line, before reflashing as otherwise you will lose it.

The I recommend you use wooshmans build in the stickies at the top of the 2s forum. All his step by step instructions are in his thread.

Back