Satellite Both cable and sat line in mgcamd

gam3r

Hi Everyone,

I have a h1 box and it's setup with virgin and sky bouquets perfectly. I have both a cable connection and sky connection into the box, all FTA working.

I also have a cable line (starts with CWS)
And I have a sky line (stars with a C:)

I tried to put the lines into newcamd.list using the CWS format.

It seems only the cable line works and the sat line never gets activated. Weirdly the cable line seems to decrypt the sky channels too (can tell by pushing ok twice on the remote).

Any ideas how I can use both lines?

The imagine I'm using is suc's vix backup.

My newcamd file is the format of:

CWS = cable.noip.me 15001 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 server1
CWS = sat.com 6000 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 server2

I've also tried CWS_MULTIPLE on the sat line but it never seems to be active.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:
I think that you will need an N line for sly as i dont think C lines work in mgcamd, but i think N lines work in cccam, but i could be wrong.

Your cable line wont clear sly lines its just the ecm info being incorrect in the info panel. Delete your sly line and test and see

P.S. sometimes providers use different port numbers for different protocols

this is where people get lost mixing lines and cams,my suggestion is to use one type only i prefare nlines where both sat and cable go into newcamd.list as is may suggest you have a cline and nline in newcamd.list.maybe his wont work on mgcamd.?should have mgcamd 1.38 for multi tuner boxes.

this is where people get lost mixing lines and cams,my suggestion is to use one type only i prefare nlines where both sat and cable go into newcamd.list as is may suggest you have a cline and nline in newcamd.list.maybe his wont work on mgcamd.?should have mgcamd 1.38 for multi tuner boxes.

cactikid please pm me where you can get an nline for satellite.

You can run a cline and nline with mgcamd but my cline goes to sleep if sat channels not viewed, requiring a reset or box restart hence a pain and not good for recording..
In my Alien2 box I did this:
Set G: { 33 } in mg_cfg
Edit cccamd.list and paste in a C-line as normal
nline in newcamd.list
You may need to use Dreambox Control Centre to edit some file in situ.

Can you run separate cccam and mgcamd softcams emus at the same time in the Zgemma H1?

Put both lines in CCcam.cfg file in the etc folder of youe box, and run using CCcam.2.3.0

Check your sat line details are correct as a Cline doesn't usually have a deskey, 01 02 03 04 05 .......14

The lines should look like this in the CCcam.cfg file

N: cable.noip.me 15001 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 (which would be your cable line)
C: sat.com 6000 user pass (which would be your sat line)

CCcam can run C and N lines, MG Cam can't run C lines,

Your MGcam line should be able to convert back to an N line by changing the front end as above.

You only need your lines in the file, nothing else.

Last edited:
[QUOTE

CCcam can run C and N lines, MG Cam can't run C lines,

[/QUOTE]

Bees, interesting, hopefully the OP is sorted. Is this all necessary because you can't select and run separate cccam and mgcamd softcams emus at the same time in the Zgemma H1?

Bees, interesting, hopefully the OP is sorted. Is this all necessary because you can't select and run separate cccam and mgcamd softcams emus at the same time

Same on many boxes, just one cam running at any one time.

Hi, I've just got an H1. I am just connecting it to vm (no sat). Do I just need to edit the newcamd.list file? There seem to be confusing number of options as to what to put in here
Can I just use: (?) What is the 15001 number? Why server1 at the end of the line?
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = cable.noip.me 15001 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 server1
Thanks
(y)

If using Sucmnsee Vix image just edit the file already in there withe the CWS = cable, ect ect, leave off server 1

Your line details is all that is required as shown

CWS = cable.noip.me 15001 user pass 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

server/port/user/pass/ (deskey 01 02 03 .........14) look at the spaces in the line

The number is the port number, which is used to connect the server to your computer.

Hi guys need help I have no options in manage cccam.cfg do I need a new line, hope you guys can help thanks stu

Thanks Tich n Bees. Yes I am using the Sucmnsee Vix image. How do I find the port number (I guess it won't be 15001 - or is it?). Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to change the line using the keypad like the old mobile phone as suggested in the idiots guide. Trouble is how can i backspace or delete a wrong char?

Back