Cable Box crashes at 3:30am every night

having the epg going to internal flash is going to throw spanners in the works and box will need a reflash.
usb sticks how good are they cheap or well known are they and if they were ext3 -ext4?

Already did a full reflash on only migrated file was my .server file

What problems does having epg on internal cause? Other than potential space issues?
I set it up on internal from usb to eliminate that as a possible cause

Does it not just become corrupted because it's read only? If that happens

And is a reflash required?
Can I not just delete epq and repoint it to correct mount?

i was like yourself and new nothing even about reflashing and not using a usb for epg and box got slower and slower until it froze.
i eventually had to learn to see the errors of my ways and still learning new things.

people have issues with boxes because they are unsure and dont read or research issues.

a reflash will start box off afresh so less chance of corruption.

I would agree with cactikid, saving to internal flash is in general a bad idea, while crossepg has that option ,it warns against using it ,for the reasons u both mentioned, but u use epgimporter anyway,what I noticed tho in one of your logs the trash poll begins probing folders , 3 seconds later there's no result & spinner initiated. Reflash is only way I know of to clear epg data saved to internal flash, so follow cactikids advice, but I would also forward a copy of your logs to openatv, let one of the image team have a proper look at it for you

Its basic, no brains of britain required here.....long daft drafted thread when its easy to overcome...save settings and reflash..as cactkid says reflash,in some instances save server details only and setup box from scratch using the latest software available for your box model which i would recommend.
if you read thru thread ,long drafted as it is, you would see op has reflashed his box, his issue occured before & after reflash, he also has saved epg data to usb & internal flash ,not good idea, so obviously he has an issue somewhere, remember reflashing doesn't solve everything

Okey dokey, apoligies for not reading through the thread properly samsid....usb???
just pointing out op had saved his epg data to flash drive & internal flash , the latter not being a good idea, if his issue lies within the image itself, as suggested , best let openatv image team look at logs,

just pointing out op had saved his epg data to flash drive & internal flash , the latter not being a good idea, if his issue lies within the image itself, as suggested , best let openatv image team look at logs,

Understood Sir! awaiting Open ATV confirmation then?

i was like yourself and new nothing even about reflashing and not using a usb for epg and box got slower and slower until it froze.
I've been flashing since the E1 days and Edge Menesis ;) I know a couple of things.
I moved the epg to flash to eliminate any USB issues.
Just that "it causes corruption" didnt give enough of an answer to me. I understand it can fill up the box, make it RO, but don't know what it corrupts other than that.
I will probably keep the epg on flash and see if I experience any problems.
Takes 10-20 min to rebuild a box

No crash at 3:30 today !
I made the classic mistake of changing 2 things at the same time (enabled mount again for every 1 hour.. disabled trash clean up) and don't know what fixed it pahh
I am going to disable mount again and see if it survives another night.

Thanks all for the comments

i dont understand this mount every hour? if i mount other boxes and nas only 1 time is needed and can source them when needed.

i dont understand this mount every hour? if i mount other boxes and nas only 1 time is needed and can source them when needed.

I just set up my NAS mounts in 2016 and just copied /etc/enigma2/automounts.xml to my other receivers and never had to bother with it since.

I think the original issue is related to the network mount timing out/disconnecting.
It's an fstab moun
I just set up my NAS mounts in 2016 and just copied /etc/enigma2/automounts.xml to my other receivers and never had to bother with it since.

Do they show up in the mount manager ? Using enigma2 type ?
Mine are fstab. I used to be able to copy and paste them from an fstab backup on ViX but it seems OATV 6.1 is more fussy ......... or ...... reads them from another place ?

Mine is actually in automounts .xml

<fstab>
<cifs>
<mount>
<active>True</active>
<hdd_replacement>False</hdd_replacement>
<ip>192.168.0.27</ip>
<sharename>E</sharename>
<sharedir>E</sharedir>
<options>rw,utf8</options>
<username>REMOVED</username>
<password>REMOVED</password>
</mount>
</cifs>
</fstab>
<fstab>

do you not think that could have issues using old with the new @willo.
memo to self stay with vix and dont stray lol

i run samba on all my boxes which then show on my network and each one is then selected to mount in hdd cifs-permanently mounted

do you not think that could have issues using old with the new @willo.
memo to self stay with vix and dont stray lol

i run samba on all my boxes which then show on my network and each one is then selected to mount in hdd cifs-permanently mounted

Automounts is only an xml file though and it's always worked for me.
I then allocate my green and yellow buttons in movie player to my NAS shares.

upload_2018-1-3_12-2-4.png

Back