Box flashes but cant use the remote after

A friend i know has brought his box round. Ive flashed with 3 different images the box flashes every time, then boots up, it gets to the video config screen but the remote doesnt work so i cant select the resolution. I noticed on the box it gets to 49 sometimes carries on to the end but cant navigate with the remote. The remote isnt faulty I think the box has had it. Update, i t was the power supply, luckily i have another working fine now.

Last edited:
A friend i know has brought his box round. Ive flashed with 3 different images the box flashes every time, then boots up, it gets to the video config screen but the remote doesnt work so i cant select the resolution. I noticed on the box it gets to 49 sometimes carries on to the end but cant navigate with the remote. The remote isnt faulty I think the box has had it.

Have you tried new batteries in the remote?

also get closer to the box, my zgemma has a very narrow field - if i'm slightly to an angle instead of square-on to the box, my remote doesn't work

while you're waiting to sort remote issue, you can use openwebif to access the 'virtual remote' and set resolution that way

If installing ATV then the LED stops at 49 when it gets to the setup wizard so this isn't an issue.

Back