Box for Living Room

Dynorob

Looking for some advice guys, I'm new to this scene and have a cheap and cheerful openbox v8s for the bedroom which does me for the footy running on a sky dish I put up. However I have VM in the living room paid subscription that I am looking to get rid of, I have run a line to the living room from the sky dish also and I am looking for a box that can record whilst watching another channel as the Mrs does this a lot.

Now I was looking at the H2H and using both a sky and VM line to this but

1. what is this box like for reliability and ease of use (are there any others you recommend)
2. How stable are vm lines my sky one isn't bad in the bedroom tbf
3. how easy is it to set up a twin tuner box?

Thanks in advance guys

If you get a h2h you will have to pay a double subscription every year on the other hand you will also get HD. why not go for a twin cable tuner box instead

zgemma H2H has 1 sat tuner and 1 cable tuner
so you will need to run a sat feed down to where the vm feed currently is (in the living room)
Your your current sub on your openbox supports multi room (ask your line supplier) then you'll save some more money by using the same line in your openbox for the sat tuner on the h2h
you will need a adapter for the VM cable to go into the H2H
f399_kenable_ltts.jpg
1. the h2h has good performance, no crashing when I was using it. quite easy to use too.
2. That question will never have a straight answer due to every line supplier are different.
3. it is easy to set up a twin tuner box:
flash the box with image
tune the tuners to the correct locations & set up automatic scanning so you wont have to load channel lists like you do with the openbox.
set up epg for both sat and cable channels & set up auto update on the epg.
add your sat and cable line ti the box.
add the skin to the box.
set up timeshift (pause rewind fastforward)
set up USB HDD or USB Stick for recording & epg to save to
Fairly simple :)

cheers guys for the advice, I do have the sky line piped to the living room made sure I put that in there. what twin cable tuner boxes are the best as my sky line in the bedroom currently isn't multi room. A bloke locally has said he will do me 2 h2h boxes (one is for a friend) for 155 which seems a good price if ive researched right. but as it is the box the mrs will watch the most want reliability

yeah not a bad price, would go for that, do you really need a dual cable tuner, you might find the cheapest cable tuner at £170 i believe (thats excluding the line) Vu+ Solo SE V2. I haven't seen a cheaper dual cable tuner.

Back