Box keeps rebooting

Really need some help with this, I have asked for help over the last month within the Zgemma part of the forum, I have not had a reply.

My problem. I have a Zgemma H2, its on CABLE, when switching channels the box reboots to '50' on the display and reboots itself. It does this at least 20 times a day.

I have re-imaged the box several times.

Please help!

P.S. If it's on Sky it doesn't reboot.

This is the general satellite board. Further down there's a Zgemma board with a specific sub board for your receiver.

Turn it off and remove your USB and then turn it back on again, if it boots up insert the USB back in and try a restart. Sometimes it works

Just as a try, turn off timeshift and also remove any USB devices you have connected, then see if it does the same.

Starting to rule out what it isn't will help and just have your box running the absolute minimum - maybe even a clean firmware flash and see if the box still does it?

I have unplugged the hard disk plugged in to it and will see how it goes.

R.E. Timeshift, seems a lot of settings there, is there just a simple on/off button?

Hmm, that is already set to disabled. However I have been flicking through the channels and it hasn't rebooted. So it could be that it is the hard disk connected to it causing it to partially reboot. No idea why. I'll also tell my uncle if this is the cure as he has a 32gb usb plugged in the back of his and his is doing the same.

Any ideas as to why it would partially reboot due to a hd or usb being plugged in?

Back