box options

ruud82

Hi I recently purchased a bm5000s which i thought was quite good. I have since given this to my dad as he was impressed.

I'm now looking at getting another. Can anyone recommend what other types of boxes i could fet for under 100quid that are as good or better even?

I've seen spiderbox6000hd, is this a better box?

Also out of interest. What prices do twin tuners start at?

Thanks

you could get a cloud box,some people say they are quie good basicly a clone of the vu solo (£60). if you paid about £130 you could get a octagon sf8 which would be my choice. for a vu duo they start at £206.00 if you want a 500 gig hardrive installed you are looking at £255.00

As much as id like one of the vu's i'm not comfortable setting it up plus the price isnt actually that far off what it costs me for current full sky sub for the year. (Although i appreciate id be using the box longer than a year..unless it breaks).

I'll take a look into the icloud option. Whats the thoughts on a spiderbox? Is this any better than a bm5000s?

Not heard of a spider box??
I was paying sky £89.00 a month for HD box in lounge, Sky+ box in bedroom (no sport or movies), sky talk and broadband. That made it £1068 for the year.
I paid £269 for the VU+, £51 for the F5S and then £192 for a year subscription, plus I switched to Virgin for Broadband so the first year I outlay £835.88.00 but that includes the two boxes, each year there after, I only pay £515.88 (for every single channel) - which is half price, well worth it to me. If I find it too expensive, I will just drop the speed of the broadband down

I dont have multiroom but my sky sub works out around 360 per year for everything (albeit no adult or box office) but i get all my sport on that.

I drive them a hard bargain every year on renewal.

I just dont think its worthwhile in my situation to shell out 300+ for a vu unit then line with all the potential techy issues to deal with etc when the real thing isnt all that much more for me plus sky go, on demand etc.

Now sub 100 on the other hand is a different story...

Give me some options fellas lol

Back