box software updates crash box

djje

Hi,

I have had my zgemma h2s a couple of months now. Not played around with it too much. Changed the menu and inforbar to include picons and some other minor changes which is great.

I bought the box from a seller online. I know - but I just didn't have the confidence of buying a standard box and doing the software installs myself.

Apologies, but I have a few questions.

1) The box is on openatv v5.3. is that the latest as I have read where it says this it the latest but then I've seen v 6.0! If I update openatv will it wipe the box and I have to setup again?

2) It has Ipab on it. When I press the red button, it gives me the option of Update and System update. Should I/is it ok to run these?

3) When I press the blue button, there is a flash online/local option. what will this update? The zgemma firmware or openatv? Again is it safe to do?

4) If I download the zgemma nightly updates will I have to re-install everything again or can I just use my backup or will this backout the zgemma firmware update?

5) Finally, when I press the blue button and go into software update, it has 88 updates. When I update, the box gets stuck on boot. Luckily, I have a full backup which worked a treat (even without me needing to put my line back on).

Many thanks in advance for your help and replies.

When u have so many updates as that best not to update you will end with boot loop or box will crash should work ok without updatlng

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

To me it seems your back up of ipab is 1.3 and not the latest ipab 1.31 which is safe to update, so you could back up your settings, flash with new ipab, run updates ( to which there is a lot still) the restore settings
Just as a side note, when booting ipab it will show the version in bottom right corner .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To me it seems your back up of ipab is 1.3 and not the latest ipab 1.31 which is safe to update, so you could back up your settings, flash with new ipab, run updates ( to which there is a lot still) the restore settings
Just as a side note, when booting ipab it will show the version in bottom right corner .

Hi. Thanks for your reply. I dont see anywhere it shows the version number for ipab. it shows a boot logo customised by the person I bought it off. Once, logged in, if I press red it brings up the ipab menu. If I press red then 1, I get the option to update, emergency or system update. I have a backup. should I run these or download the latest ipad from their website?

If you press the menu button then information then about, you should see the version you are running. Ive never used ipab, but as said above 1.3 will probably crash your box if you try to update. just make sure you have a copy of your line before doing anything

It should be on the initial ipab splash screen when the system boots

It should be on the initial ipab splash screen when the system boots

splash screen has been replaced by the shop/bloke/company I bougt from. But I managed to find that if I go into press red, then blue button it says v1.3-20160827

Back