box would you recommend my budget £160 was looking at zgemma h2h but been put off

Is there any box out there that will allow for twin sky tuner + virgin so 3 tuners in total + IPTV player and full sky skin & epg?

Wouldn't you be better off the other way around ?

2 x cable tuners and 1 x sat.

That way you can watch one and record another program, both in HD.

Just use a splitter on your VM feed in to the house.

can always get yourself a nice Vu+ Duo 2, i can't fault it. Depends on how much of a rush you're in as most of the manufacturers will be bringing out their 4k boxes. You may see a reduction in prices of boxes.
If you wish to go the double cable and single Sat route then the Technomate TM-Nano SE M2 would be a cheap option.

I'm currently using a zgemma h2s (twin sat) but I've got a virgin line in I have my bb with them and have a TiVo on basic package for free :) not that I can recall when it was even last used so I won't even need a splitter as the cable is already there going to unused TiVo

I was going to get a h2h but I thought I'd check out some alternatives first

the zgemma isn't twin sat and single cable, it's single sat and single cable. As Bangord mentioned earlier to get what you need you'll need to spend a bit more with the cheapest being the Xtrend 8500. There are others but that's the price point you're looking at. Is it budget restrictive as there's numerous posts of people upgrading from Zgemma to more powerful boxes as they wish to do more.

I've been hanging my nose over one of these:

Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS Enigma 2 Linux HD PVR TRIPLE TUNER Combo 1x DVB-S/S2 + 2x DVB-C Receiver

Meet the Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS, one of the most compact Linux Enigma 2 PVR with internal SATA HDD support that we've ever sold! The new Technomate TM-Nano-SE M2 PLUS unlike the original TM-Nano-SE PLUS, the M2 PLUS has an optional 2nd tuner slot that is compatible with Technomate's latest TWIN DVB-C (cable) tuner module, also available are 2nd Satellite tuner or Hybrid DVB-C/T2 - see product options. Another useful feature is the A/V out port complete with A/V out leads (included) to allow RCA and scart (via adapter not included) connections.

This listing comes with 1x embedded DVB-S/S2 Satellite tuner + extra TWIN DVB-C tuner module pre-installed.

Price: £138.00

I think the processor is slightly faster. The specs are here:

▪Open-source Linux operation system

▪Full compatible with Enigma2
▪Broadcom 750 MHz Mips processor
▪Fixed 1 x DVB-S2 Tuner
▪Optional detachable Tuner (DVB-S2 / TWIN DVB-C / DVB-C/T2)
▪256 MB NAND Flash / 512MB DDR3 RAM
▪Media Player
▪Downloadable Plug-ins supported
▪MPEG2 / H.264 Hardware decoding (DVB Compliant)
▪Unlimited Channel Memory
▪Super sensitive tuner for very weak signals and weak transponders
▪1 x smartcard reader
▪10/100 Mbps Ethernet interface
▪2 x USB2.0 PVR Ready ports via a USB external device
▪1 x HDMI Interface
▪A/V out
▪External IR Sensor
▪1 x internal SATA connection for 2.5" HDD
▪Fast channel change
▪Extended EPG and recording reservation on EPG
▪Various Plugins
▪Bouquet lists
▪Multi language OSD, Skins
▪Fully automatic, Manual Channel Search
▪Timer & multi-event recording
▪Teletext & Subtitle support by OSD and VBI
▪DiSEqC 1.0, 1,1 ,1.2 and 1.3(USALS) compatible
▪under 0.5 Watt Stand-by power consumption option

I've got a Mutant HD51 on pre-order, should be here at the end of the week.

Last edited:
Hi Andy86 i did mention that box in post #45 as a twin cable/single sat box. Hi Willo keep us updated on the HD51 would like to hear more on it.

Got my Mutant HD51 and got it up and running on the sat tuner at the moment. Getting Virmin on Thursday so hopefully will be all good.
It has an arm processor and only supports oscam but got it working alright anyway.
Image support is a bit ropey at the moment but Vix4 E2 is the best I've found so far.
No facility to make an image backup on ATV and couldn't get oscam working. Also no way of backing up the image on Pli, even 3rd party stuff doesn't work.
I forget what didn't work on OpenViX 4.2.11 but something didn't and I reflashed.
Anyway all running fine with Vix4E2 and extremely fast and responsive. I'll update when i get Virmin on it.

Hi folks some good reading in this thread. I am wondering if there is a box that will give me a twin tuner for fixed dish (28e) and an extra single sat tuner that would control my motorised dish?
Would any mentioned above do this?
Thanks

Hi. I'm new to the site. I was made aware of these cable boxes this week and really interested in buying one. I only have VM cable and wondered which would be the best to get which was decent and reasonably priced. I believe you have a pay a monthly fee but unsure how to go about this either. Any help would be most grateful

Hi. I'm new to the site. I was made aware of these cable boxes this week and really interested in buying one. I only have VM cable and wondered which would be the best to get which was decent and reasonably priced. I believe you have a pay a monthly fee but unsure how to go about this either. Any help would be most grateful

You need a receiver and a "line" to allow you to receive the VM channels.

A line can be requested in a separate thread of the forum, you will receive a 24 hour trial and if happy can usually pay 6 or 12 months at a time.

With regards setting up, read as much as you can on these forums, I am by no means an expert but everything you need can be found here or answered by someone here!

Zgemma H2H (£90) is a budget cable receiver which will do the job. This is only a single tuner. I've personally bought a VU+ Solo Se V2 (£169) last week and have been very impressed. Much snappier than the Zgemma and haven't had a single channel freeze yet. It is also a dual tuner so can watch one channel and record another.

There are numerous other models available but these are the only 2 I have experience with.

Good luck and get reading :)

prices but i use vu+solo4k picture spot on
great build box as always
also runs kodi launcher perfect

prices but i use vu+solo4k picture spot on
great build box as always
also runs kodi launcher perfect

Out of interest where did you get the kodi launcher from?

I've tried installing kodi from plugins download but it was terribly buggy and didn't work properly at all.

Back