box would you recommend my budget £160 was looking at zgemma h2h but been put off

prices but i use vu+solo4k picture spot on
great build box as always
also runs kodi launcher perfect

Out of interest where did you get the kodi launcher from?

I've tried installing kodi from plugins download but it was terribly buggy and didn't work properly at all.
Hey Esm, just ordered my first zgemma H2s box. From what I have been reading on this thread, it seems the box is not the best for the price. Do u have any idea if someone can download kodi on it as well?

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

Hi guys

I am new to this forum and new to this whole sat boxes etc so please bare with me .

So, my friend has a zgemma box and it looks quite good. My issue is he paid for the box with a years subscription and now the guy has closed his page and dissapeared, also this option was quite expensive! So I have decided to look at the 'do it myself' option instead.

So first question is regarding the box...I have read through this thread and so many different opinions and im a little confused as to what I need.

Firstly I have the sky setup at home with bt broadband, no fibre iny area, so I assume I need a box that only supports sattelite? I would like to be able to watch and record seperate channels, I also want to set my box up to look the same as the sky set up. Also if possible I would like to use the signal from the box in other rooms aroun the house?

Thanks in advance

Hi guys

I am new to this forum and new to this whole sat boxes etc so please bare with me .

So, my friend has a zgemma box and it looks quite good. My issue is he paid for the box with a years subscription and now the guy has closed his page and dissapeared, also this option was quite expensive! So I have decided to look at the 'do it myself' option instead.

So first question is regarding the box...I have read through this thread and so many different opinions and im a little confused as to what I need.

Firstly I have the sky setup at home with bt broadband, no fibre iny area, so I assume I need a box that only supports sattelite? I would like to be able to watch and record seperate channels, I also want to set my box up to look the same as the sky set up. Also if possible I would like to use the signal from the box in other rooms aroun the house?

Thanks in advance 

Get the zgemma h2s box from Zgemma Star Satellite Receiver's - Official Store

Install this build

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2s/109524-wooshbuild-v5-zgemma-h2s.html

Request a server from here

http://www.techkings.org/general-sa...-server-satellite-november-december-only.html

Get the eddison box £99' and a bargain
Set up yourself and learn something that way you can fix any problems you have instead of having to post questions on here when you get stuck.

Thanks for the replies guys. I was thinking on the zgemma h2s but have read a lot about them not being the best option?

Never heard of the edision but will have a look at it and see.

People will have opinions on all sorts of boxes most of us will never have used or seen some mentioned. Can only comment on what I have. I have had 2 zgemma H2H boxes for last 9 months. Have had no trouble with either. £90 each plus a VM line £15 for 12 months. HD Movies and HD Sports including Sky Events PPV (still available at the moment). Removed the 1TB hard drive from my old Sly box and now using as external hard drive. Good luck.

i'm using a zgemma lc, once setup correctly it's a breeze to use.
had an amiko mini combo, drop in picture quality and constantly having to manually rescan makes it a bit of a chore.
my two penneth.

What's the cheapest cable box to get guys? Have a few sat boxes but looking to make the jump now to cable. What would u recommend?
The new zgemma h5.2tc is a good value box that comes with single sat tuner and a twin cable tuner, so even if you don't have a dish, you can just connect it to cable and have use of the twin tuner so record one channel while watching another. They're selling for less then £110.

What is maintained different between singke and twin tuner? Can you record multiple on twin?
basically one tuner for each channel you are watching or recording so on a twin tuner you can either watch one and record another, or record two and watch something prerecorded, you can't record 2 channels and watch a third on a twin tuner, you would need a box with more tuners. On a single tuner you can watch something or record you can't do both unless you are recording the channel you are watching.

Back