Broadband Supplier

inaminute23

TK Veteran
Hi, can anyone recommend a provider, excluding VM.

My setup/connected devices

2x smartphones (always connected)
2x Tablets (1x connected at any one time)
1x Laptop (connected occasionally)
2x tv boxes E2 & Openbox(always connected)
1x Xbox (connected regularly, but not always online)

I would want unlimited downloads. I live in South Manchester

Thanks

I'm with BT infinity, had a few hiccups originally, but that turned out to be a faulty router......all fine now, been with them about 18 months now, using a smart hub and a range extender upstairs to combat a dead spot in 1 bedroom. D/L speeds are generally around 40 mb/s.

3 x smartphones.....always connected.
3 x tablets, 1 IPAD, at least 1 connected at some point.
1 x laptop, always connected.
Smart TV always connected.
E2 box always connected.
Xbox or Ps4, connected regularly, mainly evenings and weekends.

Plusnet here, but only a copper connection(20meg). Been with them for a couple of years now and they've been great. They are linked to BT so you never get the issue of the supplier blaming a faulty line. Call centre is somewhere up north rather than india... or it was when I last called them.
4 x smartphones
2 tablets
1 laptop
Xbox
Android box
E2 box.
All connected at the same time, never have a problem with bandwidth or drop outs using their standard plastic router. The only time it does struggle is if my wife is working at home and uploads files to dropbox.

Does it not all depend on what you can get to your house
Is there a difference detween providers. Will they not all say the same max speed for you
So then get the best deal with unlimited dls

Does it not all depend on what you can get to your house
Is there a difference detween providers. Will they not all say the same max speed for you
So then get the best deal with unlimited dls

yep,
they all told me my max ever speed would be 20, but no-one would give me more than 15 [ thats on fibre ]
I get an average of 16something
I went with TT as it suited me best at the time, its up in April and I'm probably going to go plusnet

Yep, distance dependant especially on a copper connection. Fibre not so much. I'm right next to the exchange so get 18-20 meg on a regular basis.

Yep, distance dependant especially on a copper connection. Fibre not so much. I'm right next to the exchange so get 18-20 meg on a regular basis.
yep, I'm about a cable mile from the cab,
so although I'm on fibre I cant get better than 16meg [ in reality ]
I was on 4-5 copper before I went to fibre

I think PN are a standalone firm but linked to BT somehow.

I think I heard it on your money man martin lewis (is that his name?)
But it was when but where putting up prices and he said better option was to move to them as they are linked or something

Plusnet is owned by BT. Who would you say provides the cheapest gas out of British Gas or Sainsbury gas? The answer is Sainsbury gas, guess what it's owned by British Gas!

Ive had,BT,TalkTalk,Sky and PlusNet and out of them all PlusNet is far the best, Yes they are owned bt BT but I have hardly any issues, The one thing I would say if you can, find a BT Home 6 (Newest Router) and put your Plusnet login details in to it, That hub is far better than the PlusNet Hub,even thou its a BT hub 5 in disguise.

Ive had,BT,TalkTalk,Sky and PlusNet and out of them all PlusNet is far the best, Yes they are owned bt BT but I have hardly any issues, The one thing I would say if you can, find a BT Home 6 (Newest Router) and put your Plusnet login details in to it, That hub is far better than the PlusNet Hub,even thou its a BT hub 5 in disguise.

Might try the hub 6 thing on my PN account. .

on VM 300 and get a good solid 270 MB constantly. I do pay about 60 pounds a month and I would never go to any other provider. VM have been very good, very little downtime.

on VM 300 and get a good solid 270 MB constantly. I do pay about 60 pounds a month and I would never go to any other provider. VM have been very good, very little downtime.
Virgin medias internet is 100%, sad that there customer service is the biggest load of shite haha

Back