BT and Sky come to a sharing agreement.

There are reports that BT and Sky have struck a deal regarding the wholesale of BTs package to SKY for resale. https://www.ft.com/content/ac642f14-badd-34a8-96ce-385e10bd973a
I think this is highly likely related to Sky possibly blacking out BT Sport, hence the 'tests' earlier in the week.

Edit - Link not behind a paywall - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/b...sharing-deal-on-demand-shows-tv-a8111671.html
Its not going to take affect till 2019 not only that the next round of bidding for football rights starts February and bt customers can have all sky sports and sky can have all bt sports in 1 package

Yeah thats how it works at min but with all the changes in packages and deals going off i smell something looming in the near future where virmin will be priced out of the market or summert

VM is a common carrier, sky/bt depend on them to some degree to get their products into people's homes.
VM has about three million tv customers, not something sky or bt would want to lose

Do VM actually own any of the channels broadcast on their network ?
Virgin Media TV or VMtv is the collection of television channels thatVirgin Media owned including LIVING, LIVINGit, Challenge, Challenge Jackpot, Bravo, Bravo 2 and Virgin1. By selling VMtv, Virgin Media is no longer a content producer, but is concentrating on being a platform for other people's content. That's what Mr Google says pal

So basically other than them few channels they have they cant really offer much in the future if sly and bt pull the plug on them with their channels unless we see VM create their own movie channels or sports channels, now that would make things more interesting for a viewers choice i think :(y):

I always thought they had their own channels it was my late father in law that told me they rented them off sky theyve only merged to try fend off likes of amazon but football bidding rights due to start in febuary for next season that will be intersting

So basically other than them few channels they have they cant really offer much in the future if sly and bt pull the plug on them with their channels unless we see VM create their own movie channels or sports channels, now that would make things more interesting for a viewers choice i think :(y):

If sky and BT pull the plug on VM they are losing four million customers between them, this is corporate suicide and neither of them would even contemplate it.
Amazon, facebook etc have been mentioned as carriers of sports/movies but they've got to get those channels into people's homes, the cable network is already in place and has a devoted customer base who don't want to change

If sky and BT pull the plug on VM they are losing four million customers between them, this is corporate suicide and neither of them would even contemplate it.
Amazon, facebook etc have been mentioned as carriers of sports/movies but they've got to get those channels into people's homes, the cable network is already in place and has a devoted customer base who don't want to change
Id read thats why they was joining together to fend off other providers the only downfall is virgin isnt in every area thats where they loose custom but probably have more than sky uk customers

Yeah and sky putting so much money into protecting their product and VM falling behind something has to change surely

Back