BT Box Pro 1TB updated and blocked access

phl

Hi, my BT Box Pro 1TB just minutes ago auto updated and I now got a logo for EE, now nothing works, I take it they blocked access to let us you any internet work, I'm with VM, its worked perfectly for near a year, also they may have even blocked us from using record, unless we pay, but as I can't get inrternet access to work Ive no Idea. I wish you could block the update!!

Hi, my BT Box Pro 1TB just minutes ago auto updated and I now got a logo for EE, now nothing works, I take it they blocked access to let us you any internet work, I'm with VM, its worked perfectly for near a year, also they may have even blocked us from using record, unless we pay, but as I can't get inrternet access to work Ive no Idea. I wish you could block the update!!
If you no longer pay for the service it's no surprise.

Is this a question or a statement? I’m confused. But yes just like sky, if you no longer pay for the service you loose those features.

No I never paid, they were the only box that was open, ie if you buy them from ebay etc 2nd hand, they just let you record freeview and it worked on any internet. plus it is youview which is for me the best planner. anyway I'm just putting it out there as loads are still buying these everyday, and they could be usless once the update kicks in.

I have the older Humax BT DTR T2100 500gb YouView box.
I have been using these boxes for years to record Freeview.
I have never subscribed to any BT service and they can be used freely as Freeview recording devices.
These devices work through an aerial and don’t need an internet connection unless you want to use the catchup apps.
I think the BT pro box’s run from an internet connection and are manufactured by Sagemcom.

Last edited:
Reactions: phl
Sorry for freaking anyone out, I benn on googling and found out a few weird issues people have had over the years, and after my update I lost internet access, I'm hard wired to my router, but day I have managed to connect wireless to it and everything is good, sorry for the wild goose chase or panicing anyone, but it is strange that that update did'nt like wired connection anymore.

I have the older Humax BT DTR T2100 500gb YouView box.
I have been using these boxes for years to record Freeview.
I have never subscribed to any BT service and they can be used freely as Freeview recording devices.
These devices work through an aerial and don’t need an internet connection unless you want to use the catchup apps.
I think the BT pro box’s run from an internet connection and are manufactured by Sagemcom.
Looks like they are locked down now unless you subscribe.
Its all good just a strange update, but connected wireles and its working perfectly.

Back