BT Openreach not so nice

frundlemud

Rang BT on 12th Oct no phone or BB so far so good. Now 3 weeks later still nothing. As our house is fed underground they ask us to stay in to let the engineer in. Wife or I have stayed in most of the last 3 weeks. After a few days I spotted a Openreach chap working a few hundred yards away and told him my problem. He said 'hang on I will come over and have a look'. he checked line and said fault undeground. Not his domain. I gave him a drink for being a good chap. I rang BT to say what had happened but they had to send one themselves. He came 1 week or so later and said You won't guess this, fault underground. Another chap will have to call to find the fault outside with some other test equiptment. So although the fault is 20Meters away I still have to stay in. This chap would come Monday or definitely Today Tuesday I stayed in although the fault is outside. Yes you have guessed right nobody has called.
This lot are a law unto themselves I am so SO SO MAD WITH THEM. Tomorrow is their best word. I don't think they give a shite.

they have your money they not botherd but your paying for a service and there not providing what they said they will i think you can walk away from your contract for free ive just joined up and im pretty sure ive read that even if your getting low speeds its not what they have promised

As they or breaking there contract to supply, you or in your rights to terminate. if they or not happy with that go to the Ombudsman Services.

thats correct. ofcom set out regulations on this stuff to make sure the customer has fair rights. part of the problem with telecommunications in the UK is it's monopolised by BT cause they pretty much own the entire countries communication infrastructure.

read up on it but your rights with this as outlined by ofcom are around poor quality service. firstly as stated above, you are paying for a service you don't have so i would immediately be expecting a refund until all problems are resolved but BT will have a certain time window to get this all resolved or you can walk away. had issues with talk talk fibre because it was fine 90% of the time but the other 10% the speed was awful and i complained over and over and they had to read me a statement from ofcom saying i could get out of my contract for free if they didnt fix it within 30 days....suddenly it got resolved!

engineers can only do what there told all gas meters have been taken off all vans that cant go into a pit underground only ug trained can go in ug now even if we been doing it for years and years so its health and safety probally some guy sitting in a office even new custermers if turn up to install phone in ug area and messuares 20m cant fix its crazy if u ask me not even allowed in ug dp point where everyones phone goes to thats where your cut off most likely its a new thing happened in last couple of months u fall in that bracket

Underground with me means about 500mm /20 inches or around there. I do not blame the man in the van he is doing his job well. The prob seems to be lack of communication (partial humour there) amongst BT openreach or they are just too busy to be bothered with little folk like me. I would like to see more companies involved they have a monopoly and this for me is half the problem.
Ta for replies I feel better........but...... still annoyed.

Openreach is joke they holding the whole country to ransom even there fibre not the best instead of spending millions on fibre to cab stop this nonsense and pull fibre to everyhouse and business did yhey not learn spending millions on there adsl then fibre to cab when we all know we want superfast internet

Update. today 5th nov Saturday engineer no3 called. He checked line said fault 14 meters away. He had detector for pinpointing fault along with toys he had to run wires to and earth in the soil opposite side of house. The outcome is progress. White lines with arrows have been painted on a nearby path with a square showing where the digging chaps will do their bit. He/ or colleague, will then return to repair the break and leave me with a phone and BB. I should happen next week. Taking it up to 1 month. Even if this is done it is such a crap service. Each time you ring you have to go through a series of questions the operator then tests your line saying the fault is in my house. This is because operators crap test takes a signal from the router and as the fault is so close to the house they then say completed and I start all over again. Completed has been put on my account 4 times.
All the engineers have been great but let down by virtually no communication. The last operator I spoke to only Yesterday (Fri) seemed to know what to do and put my 'attempts' on the engineers page also fixed appointment for today ....so they can do it.

update today 15th Nov. last night just going dark, chaps called and dug out a hole 3 ft x 2ft but cable was deep and darkness came so they packed up and left. Today they returned mid afternoon and finished digging out the hole, uncovering the BT cable, water mains and a old piped tv system now obsolete. So may be tomorrow I will have phone / BB.

good things come to those who wait at least there is progress which is good hope u back up and running soon

And more or less finally. All back on phone and BB. Had a call yesterday from BT offering to refund this periods bill,..but not all of it only 4 weeks. No compensation for using our mobiles. This has cost me more than they will refund. At least they are not charging me £130 like they did last time.
A poor firm such a shame there is no alternative to BT / Openreach. I will change to SKY in a few days simply because SKY will give me fibre BB unlimited with unlimited phone £10 month cheaper and many many times faster.
If my bill on change over is correct I will walk away and probably never go back to BT but ....Openreach will be there. I do hope soon we will not need wires at all.

Back