Bt smarthub firewall?

hoofy

I've just upgraded my package with BT from the 17mb home hub to the 80mb smarthub. I replaced the old router with the new one and everything went fine. All my mobile devices connected by wifi, but for the life of me I can't get my samsung allshare to connect from my desktop PC to my TV. Same with Plex. My PC is connected to the router by ethernet cable and my router is connected to my TV by wifi. I've also tried using a temporary ethernet cable between my router and my TV just to test it, but that didn't work either. I'm trying to watch films that I've downloaded to my PC on my TV without having to put them on a usb drive and plugging into TV. I've rung BT but they haven't got a clue.

I'm thinking there's either a firewall on the router that's blocking the connection, or I need to set up port forwarding (something I've never done before)? Anyone, know what my problem might be?

BT do have a firewall which could be the cause... I think you turn it off by logging into your BT account online... look around in parent controls or security etc. Failing that look on the router itself.. router login details will be on the router or the card.
Good luck

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

I can't find anything about the firewall on BT's site and I've also tried connecting to my BT hub and turning the smart set up on and off. No joy.

I would suggest the best way would be to use something like chormecast and just cast it over to that. You can then project anything on the PC over to the telly?

Back