BT Sports channels through Sky TV

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

Bit of background info, my grandad loves footy, he is currently paying £125 per month for Sky and BT sports plus a phone line, no broadband.

I'm not sure who he pays what to, but my mum wants to try and get his bill reduced.

He is 89 so a dodgy box just wouldn't work here unfortunatly.

Anyway, keeping it legit,

VM will come down to £78 for what he has now.

Sky will do a Complete Sports pack with HD for £54 according to their website bundles but there is no BT Sports with the Sky deal, can you add BT Sports to a Sky package as I don't seem to be able to find it, and if you can does anyone know how much it is ?

I assume he pays Sky for the sports and VM for BT Sports at the moment and that's why it's so expensive but I don't know for sure.

I have phone and bb with virgin and when I told them I wanted to cancel my phone they gave me a deal where basically I got the phone for free, maybe telling them your want to cancel the phone they give a discount.

Have you looked at BT? their tv never worked well for us, but that was years ago, I don't know what their tv packages are like now both quality and price wise.

You used to get bt sports free with bt that you could add to your sky card, that was when I had phone and broadband a few years ago so I'm not sure if the offer still exists.

Agree with grog ,I had exactly the same ,cancelled my sky package and they offered me lots of deals.It's a bit like car insurance you have to keep negotiating new deals or they will just keep taking your money.

Thanks for all the replys, didn't realise you added BT sports directly through BT, thought it was
an add on through Sky which I couldn't find.

Anyway, adding BT Sports (SD Only) to the Complete Sky Sports pack works out at £82 per month.

So the slightly cheaper VM package gives you all the HD channels aswell, so looks like that is what
we will sort out for him, that saves him £47 a month, at his age they should be offering him a discount
not squeezing him for every penny. :mad::mad::mad:

ha ha, I phoned Sky to cancel and she goes, 'how can I help today sir?' me.. ' I want to cancel my package' her.. 'Ok sir thats done and you have 30 days left'

No offer of anything or qs as to why but wasnt fussed as I did want o end it...

ha ha, I phoned Sky to cancel and she goes, 'how can I help today sir?' me.. ' I want to cancel my package' her.. 'Ok sir thats done and you have 30 days left'

No offer of anything or qs as to why but wasnt fussed as I did want o end it...
they will send an offer one way or another, either via phone or post if they dont have your email

Back