BT Sports SD being removed - just HD staying (apparently)

chenks

TK Veteran
spotted this on another forum

The BT sport sd channels are going from Virgin media and will be hd only on that platform, all other platforms will keep both sd and hd variants.

if true and SD BT sports are being dropping with only HD staying then i hope they don't do a Sky Sports HD and we lose them completely!

it's going to happen one day, virgin trying to move everyone to the new V6.

Did they post a source of this information as just tried googling for news of this and nothing came up that I could see.

the post i read was on digitalspy, where it was something quoting what was posted on another forum (didn't mention which one it was).
just a bit strange to be dropping SD channels and leaving just HD, and why just BT.

and why just BT.
Maybe BT have had enough of SD being watched for free. It might be just BT that have said they are going to drop SD. Sky have removed everything they wanted to get rid of and it is the choice of the other providers if they want to do it too. There can't be that many left now which aren't freeview already.

Seems as though something is happening on Dec 4th.
BT sports are loosing SD on virgin and HD channels moving.
BBC 1 & 2 HD are moving too, England 1 stays at 108 and 2 moves to 102, other regions 1 HD is moving to 101 and 2 to 102, think Scotland 2 stays at 162.
All this is listed on the info bars of the V6 box

Does BT HD work or is it only SD that works.

Im asking because im getting VM BB put in this weekend so need to know what channels work.

So with the SD channels being removed it wont affect the HD channels will it.

no one knows.
I wouldn't read too much into these rumours, they come from 'someone on another forum, who read it on a 'different website' posted by someone who heard about it on the bus.
They've been circulating for years, when it happens, it happens
for now we have HD and SD

BT SD channels definitely are being dropped on Virgin - that has been confirmed.
it was thought that SD was being removed form DSAT as well, but that part isn't true.

Apparently, this is due to take effect from 4/12/18 with the BT 4K/UHD channel moving to channel 531.

Also, some BBC HD channels are moving from the same date:

BBC One HD in England 108 - BBC Two HD in England 102
BBC One HD in Scotland 101 - BBC Two HD in Scotland 162
BBC One HD in Northern Ireland 101 - BBC Two HD in Northern Ireland 102
BBC One HD in Wales 101 - BBC Two HD in Wales 102

Load more channels moved today. discs animal planet. All that kinda stuff. Noticed Mpeg 4. Not sure if its always been like that?

I believe that all official VM boxes are HD now, so why would they want to dual illuminate SD & HD channels. AIUI, there is no extra charge for BT HD channels on VM, so they don't need the SD channels. I believe some of the Asian channels are also HD only on VM. They are unlikely to remove Sky Sports SD in the short term as they do charge extra for the Sky Sports HD channels

BBC only hd now here
my bbc1 in SD but bbc 2 is HD, English regions don't have region specific bbc 1 HD so they will still have to provide both SD and HD until the bbc roll out HD for the regions.

Back