Buffer free sub?

Hi
does anyone out there receive a buffer free sub? is there such a thing? only tried a few and there's buffering all over the place on a 25 Meg connection! it feels like I'll be trialing loads and loads which is going to get a bit boring after a bit. I have tried all the usual rebooting of router and box etc and with and without VPN.
If anyone can point me in the right direction i would be most grateful.

boselectarkes.

People say there is glitch free buffer free but you can have 200meg bb speed and still have buffering there's a lot of factors to why it can buffer iptv will never be glitch free so it's trial and error I'm afraid just get plenty of tests till you find which suits you best and pay for a months sub to trial it longer

Its only my opinion, but I view IPTV as an addition not a complete replacement. What I mean is the core channels dont cost anything and are perfect via 'freeview,' in my case I only rely on iptv for sport and I think it is fantastic! I can watch every football match from anywhere in the world thats worth watching, I can watch the US Open Tennis on US and Canadian tv, so as I say its great. As for soaps from Pakistan and India, I'm not interested, for some reason both my subs have what I will call 'ordinary tv' from everywhere in the world which is of absolutely no interest to me, many of those buffer and black screen, but so what? IPTV has improved so much since the early days, as have the means of viewing it. The channels I am interested in, 'sport' are now almost (touch wood) buffer free. PPv is free!, but Coronation Street is on Freeview!

Its only my opinion, but I view IPTV as an addition not a complete replacement. What I mean is the core channels dont cost anything and are perfect via 'freeview,' in my case I only rely on iptv for sport and I think it is fantastic! I can watch every football match from anywhere in the world thats worth watching, I can watch the US Open Tennis on US and Canadian tv, so as I say its great. As for soaps from Pakistan and India, I'm not interested, for some reason both my subs have what I will call 'ordinary tv' from everywhere in the world which is of absolutely no interest to me, many of those buffer and black screen, but so what? IPTV has improved so much since the early days, as have the means of viewing it. The channels I am interested in, 'sport' are now almost (touch wood) buffer free. PPv is free!, but Coronation Street is on Freeview!
Completely agree it's great for movies sports ppv ect but other stuff don't bother with don't get me wrong ive saved on money through ppv events and is slowly making progress just a shame we have resellers who know Jack .... about iptv and just in it for money and fob people off bit other than that most PL matches championship matches ect its a bonus

My new iptv provider is a lot better than the last one and very few channels ever freeze or buffer. They don't support the zgemma and it works great on their own app or on the smart IPTV app.

I set up the IPTV manually on my zgemma H2s using echanneliser and it works OK but definitely suffers freezing and glitching on the box.

When I swap to the smart IPTV or firestick it runs perfectly on the same streams.

I still have a sat sub on the zgemma but I find I'm using the IPTV for more channels now as there is a lot of HD content.

Kind of agree with taylerlee's comment above. A mix of freeview, the remaining CS channels and IPTV sub work great and costs very little compared to sly or vermin per month.

There is a way you can confirm if its your device or whether its the server that your using, the best way to determine any issues with a device or a connection is to load the m3u line up through VLC player. This is the best program to use. You can download your m3u file through your browser then add file, or you can network stream the m3u url. If the channels play with no issues eg buffering this proves theres an issue with your device, if however you are experiencing problems with playback eg buffering freezing channels etc on vlc then its the server. If not then the device is at fault im afraid.

25 meg is more than enough for iptv. What box are you using? Are you using a wired or wireless connection.

Exactly right Moshibeth, its a combination of all 3 that you mentioned. Where the streams are located is the most important and how many hops the connection is taking to get to the customer, most of the major providers arent in the uk due to licencing laws, and most will have sophisticated dns configurations on them to mask the ip they use. This is why the government have imposed a law on isps to block uk customers when premiership league games and uefa matches are played. the block is that good it completley blocks the customers connection on that device. If that person is blocked the only solution is a vpn

The main reason for buffering is there is not enough bandwidth being provided to the ratio of customers using the service at the same time. As a general rule of thumb 70% of customers is the allowed amount to be using a service on a server so this should eliminate any buffering issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
25 meg is more than enough for iptv. What box are you using? Are you using a wired or wireless connection.
Hi mate using an nvidea shield with wired connection. To be fair football has been fine tonight but sat afternoon s is where the main problem is.

Boselectarkes.

Is there any way to know contention ratios? I'm guessing it's more the merrier for the server?

Boselectarkes

the owner or the admin team of the server will have the amount of users who are on at the same time. The problem is when they only have one server it will get oversubscribed very quickly, also the amount of bandwidth there paying for will affect it too as an example lets say they have 1,000 users online at the same time and there is 1.5gb of bandwidth being used and they pay for 2gb of bandwidth there will be no buffering but if there using all there bandwidth of 2gb it will buffer, as there is too many users on demanding from the server

bigger companies have multiple servers to compensate for the amount of users eg server for vod, server for catchup, server for live streams etc but all this costs money

Back