Buffering

Gopteruk

Hi, can anyone help me please?

I am using IPTV on a Zgemma H.2S, I have 2 x IPTV providers, one is setup using Jedi Maker Xtream, the other provider is setup using Xteam Editor.

I have Vodafone Fibre, and when running a speed test I get 74.3Mbs download. And 17.5Mbs upload.

I use TP-Link 1200 Mbps Powerline Adapters.

The problem I have is buffering. It is not on all channels but on a few of them!

I have spoken with Vodafone tech support, and I have since changed the DNS settings on my router to Google, changed the ADSL filter, and also set the QOS to maximum capacity for the Zgemma.

Any suggestions please on how to resolve this please? Thanks in advance!

Vodafone have started to throttle iptv streaming , there are quite a few complaints . I was using a mag 256 and it’s been sucked dry to less than 2 download . Got an android box and had to put vpn on to get any speeds . I have no experience if your zgemma. Speeds on all my other devices at least 50/60 odd

Thank you for the replies. I have the same issues with a Firestick, so that rules out the power line adapter, and have two different IPTV providers. My guess would be it's a Vodafone throttling issue :-( Not sure if they will sort this? Or do I need to start to look for another ISP? (i'm in Contract until June though).

There would be a penalty payment to leave ( I’m stuck for a year) . I don’t know if it’s possible but can you put vpn on zgemma? I know you can with fire stick

Same issue with Vfone. Buffers on all Fhd and some Hd. Sd channels fine. All started around start December. I'm contracted until November so stuffed at the moment.

@userlee5267 got out of his contract with Vodafone for the exact same reason free of charge if I remember rightly as his mag box was been throttled and Vodafone told him they didn't know how long it would take to sort out

I phoned Vodafone up numerous times to be told nothing is wrong. My problems been going on since October last year. Finally phoned them about two weeks ago as itv player and bbc I player started to struggle as well as iptv. I demanded to cancel or price reduction. I did all the remedies they come up with try this try that. Got passed onto tech two team who said there is nothing wrong and there passing it higher up the chain to look into it as I had complained numerous times. Got a text the same name of the tech team explaining its contention and the local cabinet for Vodafone is full and needs updating seriously. Could take upto 8 weeks but it’s not guaranteed. So I phoned up and asked to cancel they agreed because the 8 weeks fix wasn’t looking likely now as they need to lay new cables and fit new parts. They said for the inconvenience they would pay my bills for me now until I change over accounts. Keep on at them. There over subscribed I think and struggling

I phoned Vodafone up numerous times to be told nothing is wrong. My problems been going on since October last year. Finally phoned them about two weeks ago as itv player and bbc I player started to struggle as well as iptv. I demanded to cancel or price reduction. I did all the remedies they come up with try this try that. Got passed onto tech two team who said there is nothing wrong and there passing it higher up the chain to look into it as I had complained numerous times. Got a text the same name of the tech team explaining its contention and the local cabinet for Vodafone is full and needs updating seriously. Could take upto 8 weeks but it’s not guaranteed. So I phoned up and asked to cancel they agreed because the 8 weeks fix wasn’t looking likely now as they need to lay new cables and fit new parts. They said for the inconvenience they would pay my bills for me now until I change over accounts. Keep on at them. There over subscribed I think and struggling

Thank you. If the issue is at the local cabinet surely this is an Openreach issue - so changing ISP will not make a difference?

Vodafone said it was local to them the problem. As I asked if I the same question. They said I should be ok if I go elsewhere

Vodafone said it was local to them the problem. As I asked if I the same question. They said I should be ok if I go elsewhere
Have you a neighbour who you get on with say next door if you could hook your box up there if with a different isp provider to 100% rule out a problem with Vodafone jus with a previous comment posted about the exchange cabinet

I tried to cancel my Voda contract due to throttle but they ran all test and confirmed I was getting correct speeds to router so I would have to pay penalty which was high as just couple months into contract . Fella was understanding when I told him re streaming problem but alleged my device was at fault and therefore I couldn’t cancel without big penalty .its defo Vodafone throttling and not a local issue

Has anyone found a solution to this? I have voda broadband - getting a lot of buffering to the point that nearly all hd and fhd channels are now unwatchable on iptv. My provider has said that no one else has complained about the buffering so I can only assume the issue is voda

Yes voda can be poor at times
Have a good read on the forum there are quite a few threads on this

Change provider if you can. But also read some other providers have started doing the same thing once they find a pattern that points to iptv usage

I tried to cancel my Voda contract due to throttle but they ran all test and confirmed I was getting correct speeds to router so I would have to pay penalty which was high as just couple months into contract . Fella was understanding when I told him re streaming problem but alleged my device was at fault and therefore I couldn’t cancel without big penalty .its defo Vodafone throttling and not a local issue
Keep on at them do as they ask. Tell them you have tried everything and you can’t stream bbc I player anymore. Go through resolver website

I got out of a Vodafone's contract however it did take a while.

The trick is to get your case excellarated to the tech team

However you said you were getting 72 meg download speeds that is more than enough

I to use home plugs and never had a issue. Make sure your home safe settings are turned off.
Try using s VPN that may resolve the issue which channels are we talking about.
Also change the settings in the service app on your box I cannot remember what they are but someone will help.

Last edited:
I got 80 mb to the router and android box. But it would still buffer. Tried numerous suppliers it became evident it was Vodafone

Back