Buying a Cable Box

camlehial

I know there are a lot of threads and i am sorry to create a new one, just looking for a simple box to use with VM UK Line, currently have a Zgemma Star 2S for SAT but switching to VM for obvious reasons, i don't need to the box to do anything fancy at all.

Thanks

If you want a cheap cable box and aren't bothered about the official look then then V8 Golden is a good option for around £40.

The V8 Golden is as long as you don't have a Superhub 3.

Is this due to its routing function or just that its superhub3? I mean can i use superhub3 as a modem only and have a separate router would that work?

Is this due to its routing function or just that its superhub3? I mean can i use superhub3 as a modem only and have a separate router would that work?

No, that wouldn't work - to be honest, i'm not sure what the issue is at the moment and i'm still trying to figure it out... I have spend several hours trying different things and changing different settings and connected it via wi-fi to the sh3, via homeplugs to sh3 and also as you say - putting sh3 into modem mode and using another router, i've also tried making a guest network and connecting to that i've tried using a switch and connecting via that but all yield the same result :(

I'm confident that it's doable via a settings change somewhere but I can't quite put my finger on it - i'm waiting on another member to get back to me who says they have one working on a SH3 but he's vanished into thin air at the moment.

A friend of mine has just got a v8 golden and can't even find where to add a line and can't find any information online, even on this site. A biti discerning as I suggested the box for them as they didn't want/need anything flash or full of features

and if he bought a good enigma 2 cable box could have a twin tuner for recording and no messing with channels ?

If I had found it then I would have read it, reading it now thank you for pointing to it

Back