cable and satellite box?

rulesok

Hello guys, looking for some help as to what box to get.
I have a live sky line and live VM line so am after a combo. I got my first ever box a month ago, a zgemma h2. Got it bare and did lots of research and managed to install everything from scratch with vix and set up the 2 lines and a skin skin by fraggle.
Tried to change the image 2 days ago as the box started to glitch really bad, couldn't flash it and couldn't even get the box to work so the box is dead. So I need a new one, I don't want another zgemma as this has put me off. So couple of questions,
Do I set up the box like zgemma, ie setting up EPG etc?
Can I upload sky skin like the one I had?
Any advice would be appreciated
Thanks

You are best getting an Openvix officially supported box.

Zgemma isn't supported by them and they use a modded version, so you have a box which the image makers will not support
and I guess that's why they have so many problems.

So save yourself the hassle and get one that performs the way you expect it to.

Look at any of the combos on world of sat, cheapest is the technomate, you will have all the online updates
which you won't have with the Zgemma, a nice stable box, and a 2 yr guarantee.

It is the same spec and price as the LX2 combo boxes which sold like hotcakes.

I have an LX2 they are good boxes.

You live and learn eh !!! lol

There is also a guide here

Last edited:
I had zgemma then moved on to vu duo2 with 2 cable and 2 sat tuners works really well and having the internal hard drive is great.

Thanks for the advice guys, if I get a technomate or a vu duo2, can you have a sky skin on these or just there own skin

most newer boxes can have many skins loaded from plugins feed to choose from and as all e2 images do a similar setup .original boxes using vix image are more advanced than zgemma.

You can do but personally I like vix night, don't really see the attraction of having fake sky logos all over the place doesn't make any difference to the functionality but each to their own.

OK guys. I think I'm going to go with a vu+ duo2 box. Researching it, seems like a good box, and I can have sky line and VM line. Thanks for all your advice

good box who told you that bloody liars lol:eyes: one of the top rated boxes out there more like=quality counts.

Sorry meant to ask bees about the lx2 box you mentioned earlier. I had a look at it and it seems good. Can I use my VM line on this box? It didn't seem clear to me if it does, I realise it has a twin satellite inlet...

---------- Post Merged at 08:13 PM ----------

Ha! Good price too!

always look at box specs to see if its sat or cable meaning what services can be used.
sat boxes use sat lines
cable boxes use cable lines
check tuners as i said.

Cheers. Just to check
Dvb s is for satellite?
Dvb c is for cable.
If a box says its a combo does that mean it has both of these?
Also on the lx2 it says twin dvb s2 OR
Dvb s2 combo + T2-C HD (plug- tuner)
I'm confused!

Hey cactikid can I ask something about the vu+ duo 2. These are a twin tuner sat box and if I want to use my VM line, do I have to attach a USB tuner for this?
My head is fryed trying to look up all this stuff!!

think 2 models of lx one is a combo cable and sat, other is twin sat
duo2 has swappable tuners box can be bought with cable and sat tuners single/double tuner
and spare port could have another cable tuner?
think other members with cable duo2 can say if its a single or twin tuner.
swappable tuners means you can add or remove / change tuners to what you need.

solo2 good example is a twin sat fixed tuner box and people can add a usb cable tuner to receive cable services

forgot to say if you have no sat dish get a price off them for twin cable tuners.

Last edited:
I have duo 2 with dual sat and cable tuners internal, the good thing about the cable tuner is only one cable needed and it splits the signal internally with no signal loss

Back