Cable? Android? Mag?

Which option would you go for in my shoes?

• Android box with IPTV sub

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other, please state below

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

OneLowban

Hello all, sorry if you feel this is a useless thread but I really would like help.

I was so set on getting a cable
Box and a line through a friend of a friend, so would be reliable, however all this talk of Virmin shutting down HD channels is putting me off.

My friend is saying it took Sly a few years to do this same thing a while ago but this seems like it’s happening pretty quick at the moment.

My question is do you think it’s still worth getting the box and cable line from him or should I get a decent Android or Mag box and a good IPTV sub?

I have used IPTV before via android box for the in laws so not completely new to this, just cannot make my mind up.

Any help appreciated, thanks. Oh I live in Hertfordshire too but not sure of ID location.

This question has been asked so many times and you will get the same answers as everyone else

If the lose of sports hd has put you don’t get it, as the rest of the channels can go the same way, but it is your best option really
Iptv isn’t at the same level as a line.

Have a search and look at other posts that are the same. It’s up to you really, no one can answer it for ya

i cant see cable going fully dark for a while and for daily use its still the best option.

decent cable box and if and when it does go dark use the cable box for iptv.

Get cable box and a mag, best of both worlds and a good backup if one goes down, if you can afford it.

Thanks for the replies. I spoke to the line provider and he thinks virgin will follow it through this year so I think I will go for a good mag box at the moment as I have found a good IPTV sub for the in laws android box so I will use the same for my mag. Thanks guys.

what about a android box that can do satellite and cable and iptv? I bought a amiko a4 combo last year it has inputs on it for freeview, cable and sattelite, install oscam on it and away you go, the freeview tuner on it can pick some channels that are dark on sky in hd like more4hd etc plus a few others, if you like mags theres a app on it called stb emulator which emulates iptv on a mag box that I haven't used and you have the other android apps for iptv and kodi so you have a box there that ticks all the boxes in your poll, you dont have to go for a a4 though, there are other android boxes out there that do the same thing.

Xtrend are doing a single tuner cable box for £68.

Just pay for a line for three months at a time.

If it goes tits up you can use the same box to run an IPTV line.

That way you don't stand too loose much.

Back