Cable box

Hi all.Looking for a bit of a wee help/guide here.Trying to look into cancelling my virgin media tv subscription,and buy a cable box and was looking for someone to push me in the right direction.I have tried to make sense of what is what,but I have to admit it's all a bit of a minefield.I think I have gathered that I will need a cable box and not a sat box as virgin is cabled.So was wondering if anyone can reccomend a box to go for,and I know the box comes with just freeview channels and in order to get all the channels I would need to pay a server.I understand nobody should name names etc on here ,but how would I go about gettin a server ?
Sorry for the noobyness of the topic

---------- Post Merged at 11:24 AM ----------

Sorry I have just noticed the server request threas!
Advice on which box to go for would be appreciated though,I'm looking for HD channels

Hi all.Looking for a bit of a wee help/guide here.Trying to look into cancelling my virgin media tv subscription,and buy a cable box and was looking for someone to push me in the right direction.I have tried to make sense of what is what,but I have to admit it's all a bit of a minefield.I think I have gathered that I will need a cable box and not a sat box as virgin is cabled.So was wondering if anyone can reccomend a box to go for,and I know the box comes with just freeview channels and in order to get all the channels I would need to pay a server.I understand nobody should name names etc on here ,but how would I go about gettin a server ?
Sorry for the noobyness of the topic

---------- Post Merged at 11:24 AM ----------

Sorry I have just noticed the server request threas!
Advice on which box to go for would be appreciated though,I'm looking for HD channels

I'm doing the same thing mate, but from what I understand is that you must have VM for this to work. (Downgrade to the basic TV package).

I have been looking at boxes for a while and think I'm set on the Mut@nt 2400HD...from what I read it is very responsive and can be fitted with an internal hard drive for recording on. There are cheaper boxes though so have a look, it depends what you want out of your box.

Back