cable boxes

you can change from using your line in the 850 to another box but not at the same time unless your provider has given you a multiroom line.
we have a request section in the cable section for cable lines and boxes come preflashed usually with openvix as choice.

Hi, I've set up my new Vu+ Solo 2 box on Openvix and scanned for the VM Ireland cable channels and can see the channel list. I got a test C line and wrote it into the CCcam.cfg file and saved this file into both the etc folder and usr/softcams folder through FTP. I enabled the CCcam.cfg in Softcam Manager on my box but still no sign of my channels.

Can anyone help? Should there be more files in usr/softcams folder?

Can I download a "Softcam" plugin and do it through there somehow? Thanks.

when setting up openvix you have to download plugins first and if using clines get softcam 2.30 installed,then download from tk the cccam cfg for your line details and filezilla client a pc program to ftp your file to ETC,save and exit.

bought zgemma h2 one connector on the back for sat or cable question is will both work if I connect both cables to a t junction. also can anybody tell me how I find network id for cable. please where do I start. thanks in advance

cable side you use a splitter 5-1000mhz for cable feed only.
sat side uses a signal from your sat dish and cannot be split.
list of cable netids on forum as long as you know where you live/and/or if you have a provider box can be got for that.

Thanks cactikid, worked it out in the end and took the plunge. Works better than kv did! I've got an N Line excuse my ignorance but does an n line work on all cable boxes?

Not all cable boxes allow you to enter line details.

All the boxes listed at the start of the thread do have the facility to put in a line.

Yeah, I just didn't know if all box's can have a c-line and an N-line. This is probably a ridiculous statement to make as I'm assuming you can enter either.

Looking to get 3 cable boxes for my house for myself and 2 boys rooms and need the boxes to have be able to record. can someone talk me through a good setup please. Yes I'm a newbie. :butkiss:

Gents,

Can anyone recommend a HD cable receiver, I've been looking at the following:

1) Edision OS MINI 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Linux Enigma 2 Digital Receiver

2) Miraclebox Premium Micro HD Linux Enigma 2 Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver

Anyone any experience with the above?

Would both these boxes be able to use an N-line?

Cheers

Thanks dangerous, are they similar? I prefer the look of the miracle box, would prefer a box with a blue tooth remote so it doesn't have to be on show. Also wanting to link the box to TV in the bedroom.

Looking to get 3 cable boxes for my house for myself and 2 boys rooms and need the boxes to have be able to record. can someone talk me through a good setup please. Yes I'm a newbie.

Wish I could help you but I'm a bit of a noob myself.

I think you need to look for a box with twin tuners if you want to record and watch another channel at the same time, probably depends how much you want to spend as well, the VU box's seem to be the dogs but are £200+ plus and I think you would have to add a HDD to record onto.

I'd do a bit of reading on here first then post a specific question as I've had a few of mine ignored when you post open questions.

To request a line: http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/59334-recommend-good-cable-pay-server-request-only.html

Do you have the correct connections at all three points (internet an vermin)?

cactikid a massive thanks great thread.

now have it narrowed down to two the Vu+ Solo SE V2 & the Mirclebox Premium twin+

which do i go for LOL

if getting the vu solo2 se first you will have gone for one of the best top rated boxes and will see what there like,next box can be the miraclebox and have them both network linked lol

also i have an 2TB Western digital passport drive will that work to store my recordings and will it have to reformatted(ntfs or fat32) as i have got loads films on it which i dont really wanna lose?

better off using depending if box takes internal hdd or using externaly powered hdd,others have said they used a usb powered hub for passport hdd.
it seems its external hdd to set recordings to and would need setting up to ext 3-4.

you might be able to plug your 2tb into box to play files through media player?

errm am i being thick but i cant seem to find the Miraclebox Premium twin+ on the world sat website LOL

Last edited:
Back