Cable channels glitching - tried various lines

amz84uk

Hi all,

I have been using ZGemma box for over 2 years now and it has been glitching on every channel, which I thought is normal. It does this on Sky Movies, Sports, Asian channels aswell as Kids. However, from what I understand, it's NOT normal.

I've checked the cable connectors on the line and they're all fine with good signal too. I have tried various lines such as C, CWS, N but to no avail. I have installed 6 lines at the moment, which the supplier has said would guarantee stable connectivity, but it still doesn't work. The internet is fibre optic and is wired connection.

I have openATV 6.1 v2.2 installed on 18/11/2017. Box is a Zgemma H.2H, Chipset 7362.

Any ideas what the issue could be please?

If all the lines are from same provider then try a test line from another provider.

BTW ATV 6.1 is no longer supported and you may be better updating to 6.2

I’ve had various test lines from different servers / providers but no luck.

I’ll try update to the latest version if that makes a difference to the glitching.

I’ve had various test lines from different servers / providers but no luck.

I’ll try update to the latest version if that makes a difference to the glitching.

When you say glitching, do you mean stop/start or is the picture breaking up like this:
pixelation01.jpg

Sorry for the wrong term - not glitching.

It’s the stop/Start issue (freezing). The channel stops on the frame and then after a few seconds continues on the current scene.

In that case, it's the line, if you have had several lines from same server then they'll all be the same, updating the box, although advisable, will have no effect on the freezing, you need to try a new one.
lines from ebay and facebook are a waste of time

I have tried multiple lines from eBay, this forum members but no luck.

The eBay lines have also been on different servers too. The test lines from users on here have also had the stop/start issue. So I’m at a bit of loss now what the problem could be.

I also would be asking quality of cables and type of splitter in use and what way lan connection to internet.
If box is playing silly buggers it could have a bug

Sounds like your setup to me but try a test line off here from a long term member to see if any better

Back