Cable channels gone? (forever?)

Is it not where you are getting the service from not the area you are in? Bit of a newbie to this so forgive me if I'm talking nonsense lol

Ah, you might need to run an abm scan as there have been movements lately, you might even have to update abm to version 3 before running a scan.
ah ok. i have to get ready for my nightshift soon so will probably do what you suggested tomorrow. thanks for the point in the right direction.

Ah, you might need to run an abm scan as there have been movements lately, you might even have to update abm to version 3 before running a scan.
Could this be my problem too? How do you get abm v3? I have a Zgemma H5 box

Could this be my problem too? How do you get abm v3? I have a Zgemma H5 box

If your channels have been steadily disappearing it could be a provider issue
But there's a few things you can try, fistly, go to softcam panel and click the green button to restart your softcam, this may reload the line if it's disconnected.

If nothing, check you have the correct netid for your area and go to autobouquetsmaker and run a scan

Also check all connections are tight and there's no frayed cables etc

people saying its the provider are incorrect, as you may be aware different areas are losing channels at different times VM only has a couple of months left then its gone, peace

people saying its the provider are incorrect, as you may be aware different areas are losing channels at different times VM only has a couple of months left then its gone, peace
Not the case, there are reports of people losing channels yet others in the same area still getting them. Unless you have evidence to back up that area's have totally lost channels

Not the case, there are reports of people losing channels yet others in the same area still getting them. Unless you have evidence to back up that area's have totally lost channels
i don't need evidence, its common knowledge that vm is finished come August ring them up and ask them yourself, they are doing away with the cards and reissuing boxes in august, where the evidence people in the same area are losing channels and some arent? not seen that here, peace

When VM change to cardless it will take a while to roll out the new boxes to all their clients, so IF they do indeed only install cardless systems on new installs from August that still leaves a lot of their clients running the older boxes so I cant see VM flicking the switch overnight, VM will in time go the same way as Sly but to my mind far too many scare stories & gossip mongering that isnt helping anyone.
Cat & mouse still have a dance or two left in them....let the music play.

i don't need evidence, its common knowledge that vm is finished come August ring them up and ask them yourself, they are doing away with the cards and reissuing boxes in august, where the evidence people in the same area are losing channels and some arent? not seen that here, peace

Yes we know some time after august virgin are going cardless, I don't disagree with that point, but if a whole area had lost channels there would be a lot more people talking about it on here than the odd one or two which there is at the moment. What I wanted evidence of was an area where everyone has lost channels as you claim.

When VM change to cardless it will take a while to roll out the new boxes to all their clients, so IF they do indeed only install cardless systems on new installs from August that still leaves a lot of their clients running the older boxes so I cant see VM flicking the switch overnight, VM will in time go the same way as Sly but to my mind far too many scare stories & gossip mongering that isnt helping anyone.
Cat & mouse still have a dance or two left in them....let the music play.

wgere have you been dude?? didnt VM elimate all the 1st stage tivo boxes last year? all the rest are capable of running cardless the boxs are out there already, august is the switch off, peace lee

wgere have you been dude?? didnt VM elimate all the 1st stage tivo boxes last year? all the rest are capable of running cardless the boxs are out there already, august is the switch off, peace lee
No they just lost sports HD channels so the boxes are still working with all other HD channels plus Sky sports SD they just can't receive sky sports HD.

Either way this thread was about channels going down now not in August so your post still stands incorrect http://www.techkings.org/threads/cable-channels-gone-forever.141045/page-2#post-879430 as cs is still working. Some cases are that frequencies have changed but they are still working now.

Last edited:
well staying on topic, people are quick to point to the provider, but i belive the channels going MISSING is a ABM upgrade
That has been mentioned on here numerous times, I forget how many times I've told people to upgrade to ABM 3. But in this thread the OP's had been told by his provider that everything had gone on cable. that is a PROVIDER issue, nothing to do with ABM or VIRGIN.

That has been mentioned on here numerous times, I forget how many times I've told people to upgrade to ABM 3. But in this thread the OP's had been told by his provider that everything had gone on cable. that is a PROVIDER issue, nothing to do with ABM or VIRGIN.
Hi, could you tell me where to find ABM 3? Thanks

Part of the problem can also be the user does not know how there box operates and every user should know its ins and outs.

got no channels what did you check first if anything? run a network test to see if all green?

did you bother to check if 1-5 in sd work?

does your cam need restarting ?

user should have 2 lists of channels as i call the all list + the bouquets from which main viewing is done.

your all list should work if the abm error comes into play meaning abm info is now off of date and needs updating,deleting bouquets and rescanning.

Ok, so I have upgraded version of VIX and ABM is now version 3 tried to run the scan it failed so now all I have is SD channels no HD at all not even BBC, ITV etc is anyone else having the same issue checked with a friend who is in the same NET ID and he has the same problem.

Ok, so I have upgraded version of VIX and ABM is now version 3 tried to run the scan it failed so now all I have is SD channels no HD at all not even BBC, ITV etc is anyone else having the same issue checked with a friend who is in the same NET ID and he has the same problem.
What NetID is it, if you post the netid others in that area can check/respond

Back