Cable EPG.

Janso

TK Veteran
No matter what I try I cannot get a proper working EPG on my parents' cable box. Tried EPG importer with that Jensen guy's source (think that may no longer be on this board), tried EPG refresh, both of which work on my own cable box. Neither will work on theirs. I thought it might be an issue with the storage device but it records, timeshifts fine to it and the EPG file is pointed to save on the hard drive, it isn't having it, and it isn't pulling it through the cable feed using EPG refresh with identical settings to my working EPG refresh.

What else could I be missing? all I have at the moment on it is BBC One HD and ITV1 HD.

Sick of getting bloody texts saying "channels are missing" and the like... (even more so when it's actually just the EPG...)

It used to on that box, I really can’t work out what’s changed. It’s only been the last week or so as well. Updated it after the recent problems and it worked after updating so it won’t be that I wouldn’t think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I have updated, as I said. I’m using this custom source from a guy called Jensen Everest, it was posted on here a while back (he’s updated it on another forum, yes I’ve installed that new update too).

I know that that works still because I’ve tested it on the one that has working EPG.

I use EPG Refresh and jenseneverest_VERMIN_uk_xmltv.conf with latest crossepg without issues but that doesn't look like your issue as it works on your setup.

Are they both the same boxes? Backup working box and flash other and if no recordings on storage device re initialise it.

I've had a similar issue too but more missing epg or disappearing epg. Tried flash no restore, other images/build, my usual stream feed, cross or epg import, store internal or usual internal hdd. Only thing sorted it for a week now has been storing to USB which I grudge when have a large internal hdd and a VU but hey ho...

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

No, one’s a gigablue the other is a vu+. I’ve tried to replicate settings on both.

Yeah, first thing I checked. Tried it on EPG refresh both main picture and fake recording.

Both same netid,s? Im not sure if it would cause issues but Virgin are changing frequencies lately so maybe update config files and run ABM, maybe it cant absorb EPG data due to wrong frequencies, just a thought I could be wrong.

Yeah I’ve done the config files, tried scanning the virgin bouquets instead of using the xml file I’m using to try and rule that out and even then it wasn’t having it. Same net id too yes. I’ll have a go at storing on a USB drive when I go over tomorrow.

Just to complete the circle... after not working for days, it looks like EPG refresh has kicked in and started pulling in EPG data. Not changed anything, so not sure why it's decided to work...

Back