CABLE H2H - biohead image

Biohead

CABLE H2H - biohead image - OpenATV 5.1

LATEST 5.3 IMAGE CAN BE FOUND HERE: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/94055-biohead-image-openatv-5-3-vskin-cable-only.html

Below is for my old 5.1 based backup for reference.
Right guys, it's my turn to add something back to the community. Please go easy - it's my first go at this and I've probably made a glaring error somewhere! :beg:

Almost all the backup images for the zgemma boxes are setup for Sat. What I've tried to do, is create a very clean base image for us cable users. Huge thanks to Kiddac for his quick and easy guide to setting up an E2 box!

Download link at the bottom

- ZGemma H2H
- Based on OpenATV (updates work!)
- Cacheflush
- XMLImport + Rytec
- EPGRefresh (using PVR_EPG channel)
- Autobouquetsmaker
- RedHD skin (with plain bootscreens)
- EPG setup to save to external drive and load at 5am
- mgcamd 1.38

***How to Install + Setup*****

Flash as usual:
Extract the ZIP file to the root of a USB drive.
Turn your box off.
Insert USB into the port
Turn box on - front should say FLSH.

Get your line on. Image uses MGcamd, so newcamd.list format required (CWS =)
FTP your newcamd.list in to /usr/keys

Change to your area:
Menu>Setup>Service Searching>AutoBouquetsMaker>Providers
Change the area number in ABM to your area (default is 00013 Reading).
Press Green, and go to "Start Scan" - it should delete the existing bouquets then get the ones for your area.

***Things to do after install:***

If not already done, initialise your SD/USB
Menu>Setup>System>Storage Devices>Initialisation>Your Drive>Press Red
Once done, it's recommended to convert to Ext4 (but not required)

Double check Recording & Timeshift will save to your drive. If not, change it to your drive.
Menu>Setup>Recordings & Timeshift>Timeshift Settings>Timeshift Location
Menu>Setup>Recordings & Timeshift>Timeshift Settings>Autorecord Location
Menu>Setup>Recordings & Timeshift>Recording Settings>Default Movie Location

Double check EPG will save to your drive. Change if required.
Menu>Setup>EPG>Settings>EPG Location

H2h1.jpg

H2h2.jpg

H2h3.jpg

H2h4b.jpg

H2h5.jpg

It should be a case of flashing the image, add your nline (newcamd.list and mg_cfg), configure autobouquetsmakers for your area and off you go. It's pretty much a working base image with no extras - additional software will have to be installed yourself. You MAY have to swtich the EPG save location to your SD card rather than internal flash.

Things to check when you install:
Make sure swap is enabled and autostarts
Double check timeshifts + recordings are configure to SD card
EPG saves to SD card.
Most of these should be ok, but if it's the first time you're using the box the SD card likely isn't setup yet.
This is the very first time I've done this, so there might be a few issues! If you find anything, post and I don't mind trying to fix it! ROFL
I do like a clean base, but if there's any heavily requested apps I'll consider them for future releases.

Flash as usual:
20160402: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sryxzcz6o5zew60/biohead-h2h-cable-20160402.zip?dl=0
20160503 5.3 image: http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h-2h/94055-biohead-image-openatv-5-3-vskin-cable-only.html

Last edited:
Hmm, I'm actually having issues flashing it back to my own box now. I've simply used the "Create Backup" function within OpenATV, then put all the files on a USB stick. It makes no difference whether I use noforce or force - I simply can't flash with it either way.
Sorry for anyone trying to use this - looks like I've still got a bit to learn!

If your box isnt flashing you have two possible issues:-

1/ the USB has not been prepared correctly before loading image (full not quick low level format with hdd guru, the full not quick 32bit format with windows)
2/ the image may have issue

try option 1 & report back

Last edited:
Don't I feel effing stupid! Completely forgot that I'd just used the USB drive for an EFI Windows install - indeed after a format all went good again! Just tidying up my current image and I'll be uploading that one.

Don't I feel effing stupid! Completely forgot that I'd just used the USB drive for an EFI Windows install - indeed after a format all went good again! Just tidying up my current image and I'll be uploading that one.
hi thanks for update on your image,i will wait fo your update,thanks.

Link updated with the latest - just tidied a few things up in this one. I tried to put it in the the download section, but 1: It's still to be approved, and 2: The only ZGemma section is under sat so perhaps not quite appropriate for this one?

Link updated with the latest - just tidied a few things up in this one. I tried to put it in the the download section, but 1: It's still to be approved, and 2: The only ZGemma section is under sat so perhaps not quite appropriate for this one?
I can you use dropbox for now,thanks.

Wting on my H2H arriving from China then I'll give this a go. It's exactly what I want the RED image. Susmnsee does a good one but hate the tacky skull ;-)

Box arrived and Ive stuck your image on. It's nice thanks. It would have been good to have "Virgin" or something else written on the Red start up screen it's a bit bare looking. But apart from that it seems great.
Thanks again.

I can look at doing something like that, I've also got a few tweaks to make regarding the EPG I hope to get done later tonight.

I can look at doing something like that, I've also got a few tweaks to make regarding the EPG I hope to get done later tonight.

Thanks m8 that would be great. Don't get me wrong I'm very happy with the image and your work. It was just a suggestion. Something Like "Virgin HD" and loading underneath would be good or even just HD and loading. Just so we know what's going on with the blank screen.

20160203 - Updated the OP with new link.

Just be aware you MAY need to manually change the EPG save location to the SD rather than internal flash.
Changed the bootscreens - any thoughts on the new one? Sorry for the quality but tried to keep them as small as possible.
Tweaked the EPG - it's now setup to use the Virgin EPG feed straight off, and uses EPGRefresh to pull data through the night. Should be much less blank spaces now!

If I've got time, I'll probably do a clean image build on friday (as this was on top of my current build) and then I'm off on my jollies.

Please feel free to let me know your comments, requests etc!

Cheers Bio I'll stick it on tonight and let you know what I think. Are you setting it up for epg on a USB?

MicroSD - but you can change the setting to whatever you use. If it doesn't see a MicroSD card it looks like it defaults to the internal flash, so always worth checking and changing!

Thanks for this Biohead, flashed Box last week and looks great. The micro sd slot on this model so much neater than having an external memory device.

Thanks again.

hi,
I have flashed the image and able to download the EPG, change netid but scanning fails. The feed is good as working on my vm box - can you please point me in the right dirrection.
many thanks

---------- Post Merged at 08:50 PM ----------

hi Biohead,

Managed to get it to scan - apologies.

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 09:03 PM ----------

i have installed filezilla - what is the default username and password to connect?
thank you

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm away at the min but when I get back I'll look at adding or changing anything that people are looking for.

Back