Cable + IPTV

champion9

Hi,

Looking to replace the ZGEMMA Star 2S box used for sly for a family member.

They moved into the house around 3 years ago and are in a cable area.

I am not too sure how to check if the cable line is still active (don't know anyone on cable so cant borrow a box) so was thinking if there was a box for cable but if there is no active line then it could be set up as IPTV? If it needed to be set up as IPTV, would it be a simple easy set up and user interface?

If a box like this is available, is there anything around the £70 or cheaper price range? (Reason for this price range is mag254 is around £70)

h2h wont allow you to record if cable is live as only has single cable tuner. If you want to be able to record one cable channel and watch another cable channel then you need to look at h52tc athough it's about £20 above budget. If recording not an issue then h2h is as good as anything.

Thanks, I don't think recording should be an issue. In the past 3-4 years we have only ever recorded 2 films.

If the cable line is not active in the house and we need to go through the IPTV route....when we switch the box on would it show the IPTV channels straight away and then have a tv guide? or would we need to go through a menu system to select we want to use IPTV and then open it up? (not sure if that makes sense)

I think you may have seen my other post about the mag boxes.....the MAG box would be for my own house....the cable/iptv box is for my brothers house. He can get cable in his area so thought it would be better for him to have cable.

When you sign up with a provider they will give you a portal url, all you do is enter this and do a time setting and you are in. everything else is controlled by the provider, no skins, setting up or anything like that

Yes m8 if you dm me I will tell you the site for were to buy as im not sure your allowed to post on here? I have bought several boxes from this guy and his postage is free and quick and customer service is excellent.

Back