Cable Line Channels - Freezing / Glicthing Troubleshooting

Read my opening few posts in this thread. Best quality cable to get is wf100. Pretty much same spec I believe as vm. Best f connectors are cabelcon. I use cabelcon 5.1. Best splitter is 5-1000mhz. Labgear ones are readily available. Failing all else get yourself a booster as per the eBay posts earlier.

Read my opening few posts in this thread. Best quality cable to get is wf100. Pretty much same spec I believe as vm. Best f connectors are cabelcon. I use cabelcon 5.1. Best splitter is 5-1000mhz. Labgear ones are readily available. Failing all else get yourself a booster as per the eBay posts earlier.
Where would be the best/cheapest place to get these RM, either online or BAM?

Have a google - a lot of trade stores will sell the cabling and connectors. eBay also has them. I would recommend buying a cable stripper too.

Basically you want to strip the cable and push the f connector on to it as tight as possible, the stripping tools for these types of f connectors will do both of those for you. If they aren't on tight, your connector may just come away from the cable when you connect to your splitter.

Hi

I get freezing on normal HD channels (BBC itv etc) but my premium channels are spot on. All I have is my original vermin cable feed to H2H and my bt Ethernet. The cable feed does have the original splitter on it but nothing is connected to it as I have bt infinity.

Any ideas why ?

Hi

I get freezing on normal HD channels (BBC itv etc) but my premium channels are spot on. All I have is my original vermin cable feed to H2H and my bt Ethernet. The cable feed does have the original splitter on it but nothing is connected to it as I have bt infinity.

Any ideas why ?

They're all premium channels on cable except channels 1-5 in SD.

But why would ITV BBC etc freeze but not sky sports and movies ?

Usually, servers focus the majority of their bandwidth to the most watched channels plus they know that the majority of people will still have access to BBC / ITV via other ways - these are FTA on a FTA receiver and through S*y.

Remember that, if it was to do with signal strength, it would most likely cause pixellation and distortion on the screen and not freezing.

troubleshooting-screen-tv-screen-pixelation-1.1-800x800.jpg

Usually, servers focus the majority of their bandwidth to the most watched channels plus they know that the majority of people will still have access to BBC / ITV via other ways - these are FTA on a FTA receiver and through S*y.

Remember that, if it was to do with signal strength, it would most likely cause pixellation and distortion on the screen and not freezing.

Ok. Thanks for that. I don't get pixelation so it's probably a line issue then ?

It's not a problem as sd is fine. Just wondered why.
Cheers

ste - this ones more aimed towards you mate....my mates box has become the bane of my life. is it possible for bad signal causing severe glitching to brick a zgemma h2s? basically ive reflashed his box like 4 times and even kept it at my house where signal is fine and it's been spot on. I give it back to him and his signal is pants and the box bricks in a day. hes got the booster on the way so im gonna reflash and try again but cant for the life of me understand whats causing it. thought it may have been a bad hdd but did a low level format and was fine at my house for a week, that for me also rules out faulty box.

sorry h2h even. the sat line clears fine (obviously not many channels left though). the cable line is defo fine as it clears beautifully at my house. his signal must be crap so the booster should fix that but I wondered if the constant glitching could eventually crash the box.

It shouldn't do to be honest - what the problem with his signal... is it because he's split the feed so much or?

Not sure. He's only running vm fibre vivid 100. I changed the initial budget splitter we put in for a labgear 5-1000Mhz one which improved the glitching slightly. I then changed out the budget coax cables and f connectors for wf100 and cabelcon 5.1's. I didn't wire them great though as I had no stripping tools so it made little difference - gonna get a stripper and redo it.

I was leaning towards it being a faulty h2h but I reflashed it at my house and had it running there for like 5 days and it never crashed. It was limited use but working fine so I'm leaning towards it's something in his property and all I can think of is that it's the weak signal doing something.

I read a thread on here somewhere where someone said they had issues with a Labgear 5-1000mhz one which is weird as this is the frequency VM use and I have used loads of the Labgear 5-2400mhz ones from Screwfix too and all have been fine. May be worth trying a genuine VM splitter > http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technetix...861497?hash=item4b18a2acf9:g:6yMAAOSwZKBZGIDZ

Also you could try fitting this splitter inside the white box on the wall inside the house so it doesn't have 2 of these blocks on the same line and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks mate. I'll let you know if the booster on it's way makes any difference. I didn't realise there was a block inside the white box. Thought that just a straight line in.

I was going to ask how would I know if the freezing I'm getting is a signal issue or a lion issue but this would suggest it's my lion, the picture will freeze for varying amounts of time (5 secs, 10 secs, sometimes more) but there's no pixelation or distortion.

Check your signal finder on the box and you will see it fluctuate if its a signal issue. If not that then I would be trying another line and ruling out provider

Check your signal finder on the box and you will see it fluctuate if its a signal issue. If not that then I would be trying another line and ruling out provider
Thanks garyth but to be honest it was hard enough finding this line.

Back