Cable or IPTV.... The Million Dollar Question

williwilk

Can anyone advise me on which way to turn, cable or iptv. My cable gift is due to finish soon and i'm in two minds of renewing my line. The past three months have been a pain in the butt what with freezing issues. Is the future IPTV

I'm with @rs500nutter on this, find a decent cable provider and all good, if you're worried about vm going then make sure the provider does shorter periods, ie 1 or 3 months, costs a few quid more than buying for a year but might put your mind at ease.

Im not really worried about vm going grog68 , its more of the ongoing freezing issues a lot of members including myself seem to be having

Tell a lie i am worried about vm going :emoji_fingers_crossed::emoji_fingers_crossed:

Last edited by a moderator:
There are providers out there, just takes time finding them, I spent two weeks trying to sort something out and now for the past week has been virtually freeze free.

Cable was the best but IPTV is pretty good now with the right provider and you get way more channels.Or as said above use both and have the best of both worlds.

I have a cable sub but was thinking about getting both but not sure how it would work or how to set it up , for eg when I turn my tv on now The openvix screen comes on not sure how would you alternate between the two.

I have a cable sub but was thinking about getting both but not sure how it would work or how to set it up , for eg when I turn my tv on now The openvix screen comes on not sure how would you alternate between the two.
put the IPTV on same box, many use scripts/plugin to add their feeds to epg and will work in same way as cable

Reactions: apl
cable all the way till it goes black like sly did :(y)::(y): as for iptv still hit miss but can only get better we hope :grimacing::)

Cable all the way, IPTV has got a lot better but still needs to improve
on picture quality for me.

Last edited:
stick to cable until it goes off mate, hopefully by then some popular providers have made there IPTV a little more stable...

Both are goods, but friend i would like you to prefer IPTV. Because manage to easy and you can check time, all details for your favorite one shows and also can see videos on demand anytime. In market you can get the best IPTV provider.

Cable is best, but I have both, Cable for day to day watching and IPTV as a back up and also for sky sports HD, get FHD on IPTV. I also like the VOD on my IPTV, but if you just want to have one Cable is best if you have a good reliable supplier

Got to agree with most of the posts, get both, vm sports Hd has gone but i have FHD from my IPTV provider.
For reliability VM is better but it doesn't give you 3pm games or VOD.

Put the effort in to find a good provider,

Back