Cable or Sat? Pro's and Con's

BG101

Hi All,

New to receivers but pretty techy when it comes to general, pc, etc.

My father picked up a SkyBox F3 from a 'friend' for £120 ready to go and after seeing it today I'm thinking of trying it out.

I used to have a Eurovox back before Nag3 but now I'm on the basic package on VM.

I've been looking around at the different boxes for sat and cable and it looks a bit of a mine field for a newbie...

My other half got me a 3d tv for christmas so I'm looking for a hd/3d receiver and around/under £100.

I know that's pretty tight and currently leaning towards the F5S @ £50 from eBay but thought I would get some input.

I have cable by my father has a spare sat dish for me if needed.

Any advice??

Thanks in advance.

BG

it would be a good idea to save a little harder an get a decent sat box. many people say the server advertises a glitch free service however, when they test it. it glitches a little this is sown to using the low end boxes. think of it like a pc. low spec = low preformance.

as a e cable and sat installer i tell you this

sat has a better picture as well as 50 hd channels. vm only has about 14?

Sat all the way !!! (y)

KV780 will cost you about £150 it's only SD.

Phoenix 850 is their HD box, about £250

There are no subs with these boxes which is a big plus.

If you are just starting out BM5000s which is a sat box,£80 plus subs, ball park £10 per month, miles better than cable.

If you want to spend more look at the VU+ range.

Skyboxes have become a minefield with all the clones on the market, unfortunately, what was once a good thing
has been spoiled with cheap copy's.

End up with a clone and you will have hassle.

Thanks for the information! :)

Can someone explain how the 780 and 850 has no subs but the others do?

I could be worth while paying the extra and not having to pay for subs and save in the long run if it is that much better!

Cable boxes are locked to one server.

If the server goes down you have a doorstop.

To be fair KV boxes are pretty good but the more people use them the busier the server, then glitchy viewing.

Channels also seem to come and go randomly, thats why I moved to sat, you can get a much more stable service.

There are many servers for sat boxes, if you don't like there service you just move to another.

You can pay for 1, 3, 6 months at a time.

Thanks bees.

So the vu+ boxes are the best, equivalent to the kvs?

Are all sat boxes subs? Which sub do you recommend? What's the cheapest for good quality?

Cheers
Bg.

never buy the cheapest sub. if they are cheap they are poor. it will cost around £30 for 3 months.

Thanks Again!

Any recommendations on which sub providers?

Or maybe a thread/forum to get the best offers/services?

Post a request

I seen this but thought it was people looking too.... lol

Thanks again.

---------- Post Merged at 05:16 PM ----------

How do you know if a vu+ is a clone or not?

are vu+ clones any good?

for example

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vu-Solo-HD-Enigma-2-Linux-VIX-3-0-Latest-Image-New-UK-Stock-Next-Day-/181329438727?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Satellite_TV_Receivers&hash=item2a3813a807

How could you tell?

Back