Cable Recievers,What will i need?

mentorima

Ive been out the Uk for 6 months to be told by my Dad his Starview 1 box has been killed by Nagra3 update.

Im just wondering what box i should go for next and what will i need, I.E. Internet connection.

Im abit concerned about the 12 months option with the SV7 then having to buy a new one?
Is that the same with the euroview and Kryptview Boxes?

Just need a quick update to get myself up to speed

Much appreciatted :grin:

as long as you have a broadband connection it should work m8, iv m8s using virmin,sly it works.

ok thanks, Sorry for the questions the boxes have come along way since SV1 :grin: been reading up about them now think i might go with A780 Kyrptview

best way to go, when you get your box post in the kryptview forum if you get stuck,

what is the need with the internet anyhow?

Added after 56 minutes:

what is the internet connection need for anyway? If you dont have an internet connection will it not work properly?

Last edited:
Not too sure about why you need internet connection, think its just the way that the new box is designed but it is very simply to set up...just run a router from your modem and connect it that way to your box....kryptview A780 is as far as i know the best to have and works fine once set up. Latest software is free from this site to upload to your box, If you don,t have internet connection to it then no it will not receive the "good" channels...just free to air.

Back