cable scan: no channels found

kayo

hi guys, just bought a vu solo 4k, and during the setup i ran the scan and found the channels for the sky no problem, then on the virgin scan i couldnt find anything, been stuck for a while now and am pretty clueless on how to scan the channels, any help apprectiated

you need to find your netid for your local area and make sure all your settings are correct, all info can be found in the cable section on the forum :)

Satellite and cable TV guides: Virgin Media Net ID list

Whilst everyone is here to help, searching the forum & a simple google search does wonders ;)

A simple search in the box at the top of the page using "cable guide" as the search term brings up loads of tutorials.

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-star-h1/84710-zgemma-h1-full-vm-setup-guide.html

Only once you've exhausted all your options searching should you ask for help :)

Did you buy a dvb-c tuner with it?

Last edited:
You need your Net id and Symbol rate

eg

Bath TW 40970 651.000 6.952

Becomes

Net id 40970
Freq 651.000 (Not required)
Symbol Rate 6952 (miss out the decimal point)

Type in the extra SR at the bottom of the page.

If you have took your net id direct from an official box then the symbol rate will either be 6952 or 6887 when you scan.

Don't worry scanning the wrong net id won't do any harm to the box.

Last edited:
scan a different id ....i had a similar problem on my box, the list says i was 6887 but no channels were found. just out of curiosity i scanned the 6952 and 600+ channels were picked up.

scan a different id ....i had a similar problem on my box, the list says i was 6887 but no channels were found. just out of curiosity i scanned the 6952 and 600+ channels were picked up.

and did you bother to post your updated info on that thread for the next person in need?

not sure what thread your on about, i only joined the forum yesterday. this was the first thread i read and what i read about was someone with a similar problem to what had happend to me that morning. so yes i did reply to a post about what happened to me whilst trying to scan channels in the hope it may be the same problem for that member. looking at his reply it wasnt the same problem though.

---------- Post Merged at 11:14 AM ----------

and did you bother to post your updated info on that thread for the next person in need?

not sure what thread your on about, i only joined the forum yesterday. this was the first thread i read and what i read about was someone with a similar problem to what had happend to me that morning. so yes i did reply to a post about what happened to me whilst trying to scan channels in the hope it may be the same problem for that member. looking at his reply it wasnt the same problem though.

He is on about posting in this thread here

If you post your area and net id and symbol rate, no doubt cactikid will update the list so people in your area won't have the same problem

Welcome to Techkings wilfred (y)

still nothing, keeps saying failed, ive tried a few variations.
Do you definitely have a dvb-c tuner installed in your box, the 2 screw connections are for satellite and if you have a cable tuner it will be a push fit connector installed in a separate card to the side.

Does your box have the extra tuner which is on the far left, you would have had to pay extra
for it the standard box is a twin sat box

SOLO-4K-REAR-WITH-HYBRID.jpg

Back