Cable Setup Help

paul_90

Hi folks,

I'm looking to move to a cable setup and I'm thinking about going with the Mutant HD51 with dual cable tuners.

I already have internet with VM so know I have an active line.

My VM router is in a network cupboard in the hall and it's my understanding that I'd need to split the cable coming in 3 ways; one for the router and two for the Mutant HD51. Is that correct? if so would this splitter do the job? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Technetix...8fa5435&pid=100011&rk=3&rkt=7&sd=322545162976

As for the two cables that i now need to run to the HD51, is this just standard coax cable with F-type connections?

Lastly what image should I have the box flashed with?

All help is appreciated

Cheers.

How does the Zgemma H5.2TC stack up against the Mutant?

I'm pretty new to all this, I've used an openbox the past but playing catch up on the cable stuff. What is Oscam and does that affect where the box can be used?

Cheers.

The ZgemmaH5,2tc is ok for what your needs are m8, and it runs both CCcam & Mgcamd, which is easier for you to understand m8, it also only need 1 cable to the box, as it has an internal split tuner to give you the twin tuner set-up

How does the Zgemma H5.2TC stack up against the Mutant?

I'm pretty new to all this, I've used an openbox the past but playing catch up on the cable stuff. What is Oscam and does that affect where the box can be used?

Cheers.
Oscam is the system used for your line, I have a h5.2tc and use Oscam on it rather than cccam or mgcamd but that's down to personal choice on my part. I no nothing about the Mutant so can't comment or compare it with the h5.2tc and to be honest you will get those that prefer the Mutant and those that prefer Zgemma.

I agree with grog68, there are those who prefer a zgemma and there are those who prefer a mutant HD51.

I personally own a HD51 and i mainly went for that as i wanted an internal hard drive and a device capable of playing 4K. Reading around the many reviews, i found lots of people saying how quick the HD51 is, which i agree. Due it being capable of playing 4K, it has a good processor and enough RAM to cope with playing anything you throw at which also in turn makes it a speedy box to navigate around.

I know i can't compare it to the zgemma so the best advice is to note down your requirements in a box and see which one meets your needs.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away. There are plenty of top people on this forum who are more than willing to answer any of your questions :fuckyou:

Happy shopping :)

3D & 4K was created to sell TVs there will never be any main stream channels broadcast on these platforms

There is better images out there than openvix its just a matter of trying new things :)

Which images are better than ViX? I've tried most of them and I wouldn't say any were better, just different.

I find openatv works smoother than openvix but its all down to personal preference

I’ve only been into cs for 17 years so what do I know :LOL:

I’ve only been into cs for 17 years so what do I know :LOL:

I wasn't having a go, just interested in case I'd missed out on something new.
You're right, it's all down to personal preference and it just so happens that the most popular boxes on this site are zgemma and Vix don't support them.
The most popular builds on here are ATV for that reason.
To be fair I don't think there's much in it these days, particularly since boxes have got faster.
I always found ViX to be faster and easier to navigate so old habits die hard :)
ItalySAT is well worth trying if you're ever at a loose end.

It’s what your use to you don’t like to change

I have had a motorised dish for 17 years so I know where to find the channels :)

I've just added a bracket to my fixed dish to pick up 19.2 but not had much time to see what's on offer yet.
I may bite the bullet and go motorised when I get some free time.

Its a great time to go motorised with 28.2 going black but i think 28.2 will be back some time soon :LOL:

Is that inside knowledge? ;)
Just knocking the house about a bit at the moment so not got much time but will definitely go motorised when I get a minute.
I don't watch that much TV to be fair, it's all about the hobby for me.

Back