Cable signal

That's a good signal level for cable - around 70% is usually normal and even at this figure, it's fine.

Mine is the VU+ UNO 4K which has 8 cable tuners compared to the 2 on the h5.2tc. You can install kodi on the VU+ and as the name suggests it's 4k although I don't have a 4K tv so don't get that benefit. I'm sure the technical specs are better on the VU+

I was after a twin cable box before the h5.2tc came out and the VU+ is good quality and has the extras but it cost more than twice the price of the H5.2tc does.

Is it proper kodi like you can get on fire sticks and PCS? As the kodi on Zgemma is useless

I've not used kodi on fireskick or pc etc but I followed the kodi 17 instructions when adding apps etc, as far as I am aware it is the full kodi krypton. I don't really use it that often

I might look into this. Does 8 cable tuner mean you can record 8 things at once?
Yes, or watch one and record on 7 others. but check with your line provider if you can get away with one line

Last edited:
Hi,
I need help setting up my H5.2tc box with Virgin. Question, do i need a subscription even to receive the freeview channels on Virgin? I have virgin broadband and used the splitter system for the cabling.
When I run a scan it can detect channels but none of them working even freeview ones. Is it because I need a sub?

Back