Cable signal

scouse645

Hi all, i'm having a problem with my cable signal but only on a certain transponder, the one that has pbs america, crime+invest, History, ect, the signal won't stay constant, leading to unwatchable channels, all other channels are fine, it's a xtrend 8500 with twin cable tuners, any ideas?

Not all areas match up, for instance I scan on manchester 3 and my uncle who lives in a slightly different area
uses knowsley.

Best thing you can do is check the net id on an official box.
Menu - Tech Stuff from what I can remember.

If you can't just do a couple of scans in areas close by.

You will need to delete the existing bouquets before you do each scan.

There is a list here

Wrong one can cause a weak signal as you suggested or channels that are missing completly.

Should be 00018, i'm not aware of any others.

How do you have your wires set up - describe it and also what splitter(s) if any in use.

Should be 00018, i'm not aware of any others.

How do you have your wires set up - describe it and also what splitter(s) if any in use.
The only splitter is as it runs through the kitchen, that's fine as i have checked it, at that point it's worse if i fit a booster, cable into the back of the box tuner A, then out to tuner B, same as iv'e always had it. just to mention the splitter in the kitchen is just f connectors joined together.

Last edited:
It's not "just a join for 2 f connectors" ... The splitter is a very important piece of the puzzle in regards to splitting a cable signal - you should be using a splitter that looks like this;

(And I don't mean the shape - I mean same brand really and same frequency).

ytx0Mld.jpg

It's not "just a join for 2 f connectors" ... The splitter is a very important piece of the puzzle in regards to splitting a cable signal - you should be using a splitter that looks like this;

(And I don't mean the shape - I mean same brand really and same frequency).

ytx0Mld.jpg
thanks for that, is my 6dB too high?

I think we could be getting our wires crossed - reading back your messages where you've edited post #6, it seems you don't have any splitters on your cable - just a joiner like so;

$_35.JPG

Is that right?

The db's quoted on the splitter is the loss for each output... have you got a picture of your splitter?
I haven't got a picture, i will order the same one you have shown me, thanks for your help. yes that is the only splitter on my cable. i have found a splitter which is the same one as yours. i tried that splitter, for some reason it made it worse.

Last edited:
have you checked the other VM/cable problems being encountered nationwide? - they could be related to your problem
I do know my supplier is updating cards today, the signal problem has been ongoing for a while, what other cable problems are being encountered nationwide then?

Back