cable spliiter?

afc4life

hello all need some help please,at the moment i have a sky hd+ box in the front room obviously running from a sky dish,i also have a dm500s which i use for football and movies,my problem is i have to take the cables out of the sky box and connect them to the dm in order to view the footy and movies, i cant do away with the sky box as my mrs cant get on with the dm she likes the epg and she records shat loads of shat on it so i was wondering if there was a splitter or something that would allow me to run both boxes without the headache of removing cables hope this makes sense many thanks in advance.i meant to say i wont need both boxes running at the same time just be able to switch one box off and turn the other one on and vice versa

Last edited:
more sat cables from lnb as that means box boxes can run together without affecting each other,you dont split sat cables as you may fry tuners if done wrongly,the point i make is if you want to record on sky box you need cables connected as you may overlap with viewing,or tv in another room with the dm?

i think i see where your coming from,but i dont want to run both boxes at the same time the dm gets little use as the mrs and kids watch sky just was hoping there was a box where the feeds could go in

You wouldnt have to run them at the same time, as Cactikid already said just run another cable from your dish....sorted

You can use a splitter but make sure it a sat splitter not a cable one.
like the one below, they work on different frequencies.

You can only have one box turned on at a time.

But you are best running another cable as suggested, if it is not too much hassle.

HTML:
http://www.cables2u.co.uk/satellite-cable-connector-splitter-multiplier-p-912.html?gclid=CMLZ64ze27YCFdQctAodnR8AnA

and if both on happens what damage can it do?,i have multiple boxes and they have their own feed,remember accidents happen when you least expect it,will you take the risk,remote falls on floor oops 2 boxes on?? whats next??

and if both on happens what damage can it do?,i have multiple boxes and they have their own feed,remember accidents happen when you least expect it,will you take the risk,remote falls on floor oops 2 boxes on?? whats next??

ok i see where your coming from so another lnb is whats needed thanks for the advice

it should be depending how old you old lnb is,newer ones may need an extra fitting,i thought sly installers fitted quad lnbs i would be rechecking that as you may just need cable and connections

HTML:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lRzYZBpC3qg

Back