Cable tester

dangerous

TK Veteran
Hi all,
Is there a cable tester that you can buy to determine what reading you have coming off your incoming VM feed, what is the ideal reading? and how would you know it's ok to split (apart form the obvious plugging boxes in) if there's any VM installers out there can you pm (especially if you want to remain anonymous) just looking to understand what's going on in my house compared to next door's. My is fine next door is having issues.
Many thanks in advance [emoji1]

Products that aren't RF shielded can affect your cable connection (don't ask me how I no that)

My neighbour has an twin tuner set up, watching 1 channel and recording another is not working. The picture breaks up. This is on a split feed straight off the road 1 going to the router then 1 going to the twin tuner with loop through. I would be interested in trying out a HDU out. I'm waiting on a Konig signal booster to see what that's all about

could be ask local engineer to test your levels just so know what working with once got them can do the sums will take him 2 secs

Your signal needs to b between +10 and -6 db with not more than a 6db slope if that helps , a local engineer will have a meter to test your signal or if they have active internet u can log into the modem and check all your power levels will b under network settings in advance settings

Back