Cable

Warhammer14

TK Veteran
Just a quick question people for a friend, to run a vermin cable line , is only internet needed or basic tv packet too?

you just need a active line, be that phone internet or TV, most connections stay active even after closing your account with VM

Cheers Garyth, I did the split for him but for some reason even though it shows full signal on the scan, the line won't connect, maybe the splits not been very well done. It connected 2 days ago but was in and out" says network cable plug in/ plug out"

Cheers Garyth, I did the split for him but for some reason even though it shows full signal on the scan, the line won't connect, maybe the splits not been very well done. It connected 2 days ago but was in and out" says network cable plug in/ plug out"

which box are they using?

As long as the correct area frequency is installed and baud then there should be no problem with line.
Ensure the line is not in conflict by entering manually---save--exit--apply--save--exit.

The main frequency to try is auto search--619000----baud 6952 [or your area baud] then QAM256---search.
Reaper.

Hi mate , done all the frequency stuff to This area and shows full signal strength, and scans channels but for some reason , won't connect, just says connecting then , ideal. I think it's the splitter I did for him as it worked the other day but kept saying network cable plug in/ then plug out

The line needs checking---is this your old v8 pro or a new one?
I had problems with a few dodgy VM lines that clients had installed but when they sent their boxes to me, I tried my line and worked perfect---got a tester from you know where, and no problems, so possibly it may be worth you trying a tester before pulling whats left of your thatch, out#
Reaper.

The lines from you know where mate and mines fine so I know that's all fine ;-), this is the v8 golden and I know that's fine too but he tried my old v8 pro and it was on and off until finally just off lol . I did the split cable so maybe that's the issue , I get channels sorted with scan and shows signal strength when I click on a channel . If I go in menu and go to cs protocol and look it just says connecting then idle. Must be his connection surely :-/

I use a 5-1000Mhz 2 way splitter-----main feed is cable in then 1 feed out to router and 1 feed out to box.
I use 2 connecting cables custom made at a phone shoplol---1 to router with just f type plugs and same to box but have a detachable rf plug converter at box end. All works 100% as you are aware. So it has to be his connection or cable fittings.
Reaper.

If I can't get this working mate do you reckon you could sort similar splitter set up for me ;-) if you can't I understand mate ,but if you could be highly appreciated ;-)

Back