Cam problems - Wooshbuild

SJM2017

I thought i had everything working and loading the lines would be easy :)

So, first problem is when i copy the CCcam.cfg to a new flash drive and then use the USB cam importer i always get - "there are no cam files on any USB devices" - usb stick in the front panel
The same CCcam.cfg (N line) file can be ftp'd with filezilla and it works ok
I have the same issue with the newcamd.list using the USB stick.
I have followed the big tutorial from here too.

Does the USB drive need to be initialised in the box?

I have only used it once, plugged it into my laptop and copied the CCcam.cfg file on to it.

Second problem is i cannot get newcamd to work at all if i use filezilla.
I have a newcamd test line starting CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60 CWS = but if i either copy/paste the line into the original list file in usr/keys or ftp it it wont work.
I have mgcamd_1.38r1 active and i restart the cam....but nothing.

Any help would be good :)

- - - Updated - - -

It may help, but whenever i right click view/edit in filezilla i get "selected file is already being edited"

Also, if i ftp the CCcam.cfg file with a working Nline and i then view it the file is blank even though it is working and channels are open.
If i copy/paste the same Nline it is viewable.

All a bit weird.

usually with nlines 2 files are needed mg_cfg and newcamd.list are both present in usr/keys?

a few others had issues with copy and paste and i said to type it in and it worked,sometimes boxes and mgcamd need a reboot to kick in.

if you are editing the lines directly on the box using filezilla make sure you dont have any spurious spaces created when you copy and paste, I had this issue and by placing the cursor at the start of the next line then hitting delete until it jumped up next to the previous line then hitting return to ensure no spaces sorted it, hope that makes sense

also mgcfg should not be a blank file, available here http://www.techkings.org/downloads.php?do=file&id=523

Last edited:
"also mgcfg should not be a blank file"

Thanks a lot, that was the problem.

I ftp'd the mg_cfg file from the link, pasted the N line in the newcamd. list file and channels are working.

I never edited the mg_cfd file so it was empty from the start so no wonder it didn't work :)

Back