Can anyone help me please?

Mikey W

Evening all. Genuine old git novice here. I had 2 x Star 2 S's and and 1 x Star installed for me 16 months ago. Lad who did it was great, system ran great and my contact assisted me with one or two issues. Of course what happened happened and whilst it was a bummer to lose what we did my boxes all still provided FTA channels and of course what was left from paradise.
I am using Woosh.
Sadly one of the 2S boxes has crashed and is now stuck at boot. I have turned on and off, pressed multi buttons etc etc all to no avail. I have asked my supplier to help, but, understandably, he is I think backing away, so now I am looking for self fix assistance. Suspect one of the whizzos on here could sort my problem in 10 minutes.
I know this info is probably on this site somewhere but the sheer bulk of what is available has swamped me.
How can I try and get the box up and running again?
It seems I need to download some data onto a stick and reflash my box.
In laymans terms Step 1 and so on can someone kindly tell me howto do this and what I will need to do it. What gear and which websites etc and then how do I get the box fired up and running.
Treat me as a complete no mark, which I am! and I will have a go.
It was so much easier when I just turned the damn boxes on and off and rebooted without problems!
Thanks in advance for any help and for your patience.

Go to the download section in the fourm select wooshbuild download you will be directed to the wooshbuild Web site download the basebuild for your Box extract the zgemma folder onto your desk top then transfer the complete zgemma folder onto a formated to 32 u.s.b stick If it is3.0. Usb insert into the rear of the box 2.0 front of the box with the u.s.b in the box switch on the power press white button at the rear and the word flash should come across the screen you should then see the wooshbuild logo follow all the step by step instructions

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Thanks to those who have taken the time to post something to assist me. I'll try all the options suggested and hopefully get a solution. I note the comment above re Wooshbuild being down.

Evening all. Genuine old git novice here. I had 2 x Star 2 S's and and 1 x Star installed for me 16 months ago. Lad who did it was great, system ran great and my contact assisted me with one or two issues. Of course what happened happened and whilst it was a bummer to lose what we did my boxes all still provided FTA channels and of course what was left from paradise.
I am using Woosh.
Sadly one of the 2S boxes has crashed and is now stuck at boot. I have turned on and off, pressed multi buttons etc etc all to no avail. I have asked my supplier to help, but, understandably, he is I think backing away, so now I am looking for self fix assistance. Suspect one of the whizzos on here could sort my problem in 10 minutes.
I know this info is probably on this site somewhere but the sheer bulk of what is available has swamped me.
How can I try and get the box up and running again?
It seems I need to download some data onto a stick and reflash my box.
In laymans terms Step 1 and so on can someone kindly tell me howto do this and what I will need to do it. What gear and which websites etc and then how do I get the box fired up and running.
Treat me as a complete no mark, which I am! and I will have a go.
It was so much easier when I just turned the damn boxes on and off and rebooted without problems!
Thanks in advance for any help and for your patience.
Hi Mikey....wooshbuild site should be running now...did you manage to sort out your problem?

Good morning.I tried to follow Lineman's advice yesterday with a link from the Download section to Wooshbuild. When I got there I was told I was using a defunct link or that I would have to be logged in on this site to correctly connect. I believe I was logged into techkings so i presumed the wooshbuild issue still prevailed. Thanks for the update i will try again asap.
Problem for me is I have played no part in the system set up. I just left it to my expert who was a great lad and I had trouble free motoring apart from the odd glitch for a year, that with 3 boxes as well. I couldn't get this faulty box to kick on beyond boot so I reinstalled my old Sky HD box in its place at least we have FTA from that.
Some of the terminology used on this site usually requires me having to go on google for a layman translation and even then it makes no real sense!! II printed off the woosh "how to" the other day so i will have a go. I am still linked to my providers server(s) so I worry that even if I do the flash correctly will the server link still be in place and will what I had before still be there or will I be looking at a black screen. Anyway that's my problem.
I will post details of my success or otherwise when I go on my adventure! Again thanks for the info.

it is always best before updating or flashing boxes that your files are saved first into a folder on desktop on pc.
for my box i have it named as solo2 where my line info is on newcamd.list and the other file is mg_cfg as i use a nline.
the amount of people losing their line because they dont know better is quite high.

Hello Ad. I have downloaded to my PC. I now have a compressse file called Basebulild v2 wooshbuild 2S. Just under 95KB zipped. When I click on that I see zgemma file, then sh1 then 4 files. I guess i Need to xfer unzipped to a usb memory stick. 2 questions, free unzipping available anywhere? How big capacity wise after unzipping does the stick need to be? I told you you were dealing with a novice!!

OK. Done. I'll remove any of the other none Woosh files which are on the USB so all that's left is the download.

yeah all you need is the one that says zgemma.then make sure there are no usb's in the box when its time to flash.turn off the white push switch at back.plug in usb with file on.hit the white button again....it should power up and say flash.woosh has made it easy so just follow the steps after its finished flashing.

Very clear, thanks.

Re the zgemma file, please just take a look at a couple of posts back will you. When I downloaded we start off with a zipped icon of the compressed file downloaded, when I open that the zgemma file appears, clicking on we go down through the 2 sub menus I mention.

Is that right and is that OK? I need do nothing more just follow your instructions, to the letter!! If yes then first chance I get I will disconnect the Sky box and reinstate my 2S, hopefully.

Must be lke pulling teeth for you, haha.

ive flashed with a 8gb stick and had no problems yeah one its unzipped just drag over the zgemma file to the usb no need to worry about the sh1 etc.then just follow what i said with it being the 2s use the rear usb port to flash...its been a while since i did a 2s also to add,when you press the white button in at the back to power on,whilst your doing it press and hold the front power button until it says flsh on display.

Ok First chance I get I'll get on it. Think I might have to re download onto a bigger stick.The one I have used is smaller than 8GB. Still no matter I least I know what to do. Hopefully will work out fine, thanks again

Back