Can anyone recommend a nice box?

Hi,

Ive been considering dumping VM for sometime as the price keeps going up.

I'd be looking at getting a new cable box that would serve as a decent PVR with series link, when they switch my TIVO off.

Needs to be cable as that's the only input to the house.

Im not too bothered about being able to subscribe to any 'gifts' as I mainly watch Freeview. (though the gift option would be a nice bonus).

My budget is around £150, any suggestions?

Thanks for looking.

Hi,

Ive been considering dumping VM for sometime as the price keeps going up.

I'd be looking at getting a new cable box that would serve as a decent PVR with series link, when they switch my TIVO off.

Needs to be cable as that's the only input to the house.

Im not too bothered about being able to subscribe to any 'gifts' as I mainly watch Freeview. (though the gift option would be a nice bonus).

My budget is around £150, any suggestions?

Thanks for looking.

zgemma h2

How many tuners you want? The Venton unibox eco+ looks ok for your needs but you will need to add a USB for recording or an internal(recommended)

...Needs to be cable as that's the only input to the house.
Im not too bothered about being able to subscribe to any 'gifts' as I mainly watch Freeview...

The number of FTA channels on cable is very limited. Nowhere near as many as on Freeview or Freesat. You can check how many channels you will get if you buy a box without a gift, by removing your viewing card from your Tivo.

You'll get bbc1, bbc2, itv, channel 4, channel 5, bbc three, bbc four, bbc news, sky news, pick, challenge, parliament,

Back