Can I ask a couple of noob questions please?

Spangles

Hi, I am a complete noob and I am having problems getting my box set up. I think it might be the NETID but I'm not sure.

Is NETID very important? Should using LRaizer's AutoBouquet on the Pure setting scan the correct NetID without being told?

Are the Frequency and Symbol Rates important?

If I posted the mg_cfg file contents I am using would someone check it and tell me if it's correct for the box I'm using.

I'm using an XPEED LX2 Combo

OpenVIX 097

MGCAMD 1.35a

I have tried everything, Autobouquet search, Automatic search and Manual search and although I can receive FTA I cannot receive FTA HD. Sometimes I can get more FTA than others depending on what NETID is input.

Thanks, any advice would be most welcome :)

Last edited:
Menu - Setup - Service Searching - Tuner Configuration - Select your cable tuner

Enter the net id for your area and symbol rate.

Autobouquets will read a virgin channel list etc but I don't think
you will get the channels if they are not searched correctly first.

Symbol Rate will either be 6952 or 6887 as a general rule.

Hi bees, thanks for replying. I've searched with those parameters and the NetID I'm sure it must be but I'm still only getting FTA. Are none of the HD channels FTA? Is there a way to know if a scan is successful without having an active nline?

If you scan you should get a "full channel list" on the correct net id, so the scan is successful.

If you haven't got a VM TV package you will only get BBC1, BBC2, ITV & CH4 clearing
as far as I could tell everything else is scrambled.

The cable signal without a TV package is not like a FTA signal from an ariel or sat.

You will need and active N or C line to clear all the rest but they should be listed.

Hi bees, thanks a lot for replying.

I managed to sort out my problem. Instead of using MGcam I switched to CCcam and after a strange start I got success. I made a simple CCCam.cfg consisting of only an Nline and put it in /etc but when I started CCCam 2.2.1 it said it couldn't find the configuration in etc/CCcam.cfg so just on the offchance the error was actually pointing at a directory I made a folder CCcam.cfg and put the CCCam.cfg file inside that. Then the softcam would start although every few minutes it kept throwing up a large error message saying Errno 21 CCcam.cfg is a folder and then lots of stuff about bootstrap, python and Jobstart. There was still no success with channels. So before I shot myself I thought I would try deleting the folder and placing the CCcam.cfg file back into the /etc folder. Hey presto the softcam started and the channels appeared.

I have no idea why this happened in the way it did but I understand computers can be temperamental. I don't know why the MGcamd wouldn't work even though I tried every setup possible.

CCCam seems to be a much easier way as there is only one file. I think I might have had a problem with the mg_cfg file although I'm not sure.

Thanks a lot for taking the time to help me out (y)

Back