can i connect both a sky and virgin feed to the box? and switch between the two

wakkaday

is it possible to have both a sky connection and virgin connection feed connected to the box and enabled at the same time having access to both platforms

at the moment just got a sky feed running...
has the box got a twin tuner because unsure which connectiosn the virgin cable would go into? as it looks the same as the tuner a
thanks

If it's got a cable and a satellite tuner then yes. If it hasn't, then no*.

*You can buy USB cable tuners if it's a twin satellite box but they don't all work on every box. If it looks the same then chances are both are satellite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, if you have or purchase a H2H this has one tuner for a satellite feed and one tuner for a cable feed.
If set up correctly you will have a bouquet of channels for satellite channels and a bouquet for cable channels

it may have a twin tuner but did you not read the specs of box before buying dvb/s x 1 + dvb/c x 1 would mean a combo box for use with both,other models sat only as 2 x dvb/s

you can have both feeds connected and active at the same time on that box, dsayers has a great image to do just that http://www.techkings.org/zgemma-sta...2014-openatv-image-h-2h-one-set-bouquets.html or you could use Wooshbuild just need to make some adjustments to your set up for the VM bouquets and epg, you will also need your netid and an active VM feed to the box. the connection goes into the port that looks like a standard ariel connection so you will need an adaptor which screws into the cable and this is push fit to the box.

Take a look at dsayers on that link and should have all you need to know

I have theb whoosh build image which is sky image

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yes, fbaggy is right. Dsayers image is the way to go in my opinion. He pretty much got it nailed. Full instructions are posted on Stickys with the download link. Print 'em off and follow it to the letter.
Takes about 20 mins.
I also have both cable and sat inputs and no probs at all so far.

Yes, fbaggy is right. Dsayers image is the way to go in my opinion. He pretty much got it nailed. Full instructions are posted on Stickys with the download link. Print 'em off and follow it to the letter.
Takes about 20 mins.
I also have both cable and sat inputs and no probs at all so far.

brill guys will check this out

i have virgin bb at moment but considering to split the feed
not sure if its worth it as sky is cheaper and i dont think virgin has any advantage in offering hd content but will see as im moving house next month and possibly have a virgin connection so option is still there

thanks

Back