Can I stream one channel over IP whilst another channel is being watched?

rasj

Hi guys,

I'm looking to get the Zgemma H9.2S. It is a twin tuner device.

I would like the ability to watch a channel through my TV (as you normally do), whilst another user in my house streams a different channel simultaneously on their PC via IP.

I know streaming over IP is possible as I used to stream channels on my PC and access the channels via the OpenWebif interface (or Kodi). However, as that was a single-tuner Zgemma device, it meant that I could only watch one channel and the box was essentially disabled because the (only) tuner was in use.

Am I correct in assuming that this is possible as the Zgemma H9.2S is a twin-tuner device?

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Yeah, this should be possible. I have a dual tuner device and will often watch on my phone or laptop when my Mrs is watching on the TV.

just log into openwebif using the pc, click on all channels, then the tv screen next to it - download the m3u file and open with VLC or your preferred IPTV app - job done.

Yeah, this should be possible. I have a dual tuner device and will often watch on my phone or laptop when my Mrs is watching on the TV.
Thanks for confirming this Pilf. Now just need to decide whether to buy the H9.2S or another model :|

just log into openwebif using the pc, click on all channels, then the tv screen next to it - download the m3u file and open with VLC or your preferred IPTV app - job done.
Yes, that's what I'm referring to but my question was something else. Thanks anyways!

yes,
I can stream any sat or cable channel whilst another is being watched, twin sat single cable tuner,
as long as source has a spare tuner,
if you have only a single tuner, in my case single cable, make sure the main is on the same cable channel first if I want to watch that channel on main box,
its weird, but once my stream starts on second box the main box will then say no spare tuner, even if I chose the same channel,
if main box is on the channel first, 2nd box will stream it without issue

Hi, sorry if i am posting in the wrong thread, i cant seem to find how to create a new thread. Anyway i wanted to know is it possible to stream the channels on my zgemma h2h to my pc which is on the same broadband network. It did use to work when i was on a virmin line using openwebif, but it no longer works since i changed to iptv. When i zap to the channel it downloads the m3u channel file but the channel does not load. Thanks

Hi, sorry if i am posting in the wrong thread, i cant seem to find how to create a new thread. Anyway i wanted to know is it possible to stream the channels on my zgemma h2h to my pc which is on the same broadband network. It did use to work when i was on a virmin line using openwebif, but it no longer works since i changed to iptv. When i zap to the channel it downloads the m3u channel file but the channel does not load. Thanks

if you go to the relevant forum you will see post thread button at the top on the right. I've not managed to view the iptv feeds via openwebif.

Shouldn't that be the other way round or does she wear the trousers in your house?

She wears the trousers mate. Or at least she gets her way on the little things so when I really want something she has to compromise, or at least that's the idea anyway...

Back