Can I Watch without satellite dish???

Gucci

hi all, i recently slip from my partner and we had an Openbox v8s box which worked perfectly. i have moved across the street and flat does not have a satellite dish installed.

can i get a box to remote to my old house with the openbox and have the control to change channels as i wish?

any suggestions will be appreciated.

You can not use a openbox without a sat dish, as for any remote access with that box , not that I know of. Its a very basic box so no remote acess. You will have to you a IPTV service which isn't as cheap as a sat sub

if you have a games console you can also buy a sky go account for around £80.00 for the year.

Thanks forcefire! Any suggestion on a good IPTV to buy or research on? and with the IPTV, would i get normal life channels like sports and movies?

big hdmi cable from openbox across the street and couple of mirrors placed right on lamppost to direct remote signal so aims at the box

Buy another box and dish should only cost around 100 then you will need another subscription

Last edited:
Thank you to all ...trying to sort me out!

I might have forgotten to mention ..the building i moved in to does not allow dish installation so getting a new box will not help.

i might settle for IPTV but will i be able to watch live channels is what i'm worried about

Thank you to all ...trying to sort me out!

I might have forgotten to mention ..the building i moved in to does not allow dish installation so getting a new box will not help.

i might settle for IPTV but will i be able to watch live channels is what i'm worried about

Get an android box or amazon fire stick, install kodi and then install theblackbox mod. Quite a few live sky channels ( all the movie channels, sky sports 1-5 plus f1, sky one, sky atlantic, dave etc) and also loads from all over the world

Hi Gucci,

Get yourself a mag254 box for around £70.00

Next step, get a few IPTV 24 hour test lines and see what you think, test lines are usually free. I have seen providers charging upto £5.00 and then deducting that off the sub should you decide to go with them

Channels vary by provider as does the price, so you really have to do your homework to find out what sub would be best for you.

Back