Can you get OpenATV 6.0 on the H.2H?

XSONY_NGUX

TK Veteran
If so is it in its beta stage or a stable official release?

Do OTA Updates work fine on the 6.0 version? (Had bootloop issue and orange traffic light issue then found out Dsayers made new backup which i didn't really like)

Has a backup of 6.0 been made by anyone for the H.2H? (DSayers or any other dude?)

What's the new features from 5.3 to 6.0?

Is it meant to be faster or slower?

Thank you.

Last edited:
Yes openatv 6.0 is available for zgemma H2.H wooshman has done a backup for it.

I was trying something on atv 6 last week but it crashed when trying some of my mods so I reverted back to 5.3. I'll try and have another look at it next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Openatv 6.0 is stable and you can do software update on it. I have been using it on zgemma h1 &h2s for a couple of weeks and I cannot find any difference in performance over 5.3 image.

Openatv 6.0 is stable and you can do software update on it. I have been using it on zgemma h1 &h2s for a couple of weeks and I cannot find any difference in performance over 5.3 image.

There must be a reason for them to rename the version from 5.3 to 6.0

Don't you notice a 0.7 better picture quality or something?

- - - Updated - - -

I've made a backup for the H2S. Should be okay if you just setup the tuners and scan for VM.

WilloBuild-OpenATV-6.0-beta-Zgemma-H2S - Downloads - TechKings

Ah nice i'm not planning on updating just yet unless i feel there is a reason too..

I prefer OpenVix due to the black transparent subtitles which can be added on DVB and Teletext channels which i couldn't get working on OpenATV, if you know whether you can on version 6.0 please let me know then i may consider updating.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes openatv 6.0 is available for zgemma H2.H wooshman has done a backup for it.

I was trying something on atv 6 last week but it crashed when trying some of my mods so I reverted back to 5.3. I'll try and have another look at it next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I prefer not to go Wooshman's build eventhough he does have really good backups... Reason i wouldn't is due to the CAM Importer plugin.. I prefer the standard method of FTP... (Not saying manually getting your a** to the box is hard but then that would require more time imo depending on how you add the line).

I'm guessing the OpenATV 6.0 has caused a lot of old plugins to not function the way they should..

May be best trying to install each mod at a time to see what is working and what isn't,

hope you manage to create a new image backup once you manage to get everything working and functioning properly,

Thanks

Last edited:

ATV 6.0 is NOT stable (hence the BETA tag). It's still in beta phase and having had a quick play with it it's far from stable.

been running it for a good while now and never had a single problem with it
everything i had before setup the same and working great

ATV 6.0 is NOT stable (hence the BETA tag). It's still in beta phase and having had a quick play with it it's far from stable.

Hahah thanks for confirming think the due was playing trick or treat mate halloween is miles away.

Back