Can you use the front USB Port?

parade

Hi all,
I will be using the back USB port using a Wireless adapter for network (no choice). Can the front usb port be used for epg and recording? How can this be setup? Could it also be used for firmware updates? Im a newby... cant wait to get up and running.. Can someone also recommend best subscription service for ccam??
Kind regards,
Para

Haven't tried it my self but most people recommend using back usb port. Instead of wireless adapter wye don't you use home plugs easy to setup.

Both USB ports work. I have a hard drive on the rear and a wifi adaptor on the front. I have swapped them around and they work fine. Just need to initial is the drive

Regards

Minesh

They both work for dongle or HDD but as previous poster said £20 on homeplugs to give you a wired connection is by far the best option, even in the future if something else needs an internet connection then you already have a wired connection nearby, you can either buy ones with multi ports or plug in a hub to expand the connections, it also looks better with the front door closed lol.

Thank you all for replying. Your help is much appreciated. Do home plugs work even on separate circuits with different fuses (in fuse boxes) through out the house? IE my router is upstairs which is situated next to a power socket that is part of a circuit with its own fuse, but downstairs where the sky box is situated, the power socket is on a separate circuit with its own fuse (in fuse box). The circuit are connected to the same fuse box with seperate fuses for upstairs and downstairs. Hopefully this makes sense..

They both work for dongle or HDD but as previous poster said £20 on homeplugs to give you a wired connection is by far the best option, even in the future if something else needs an internet connection then you already have a wired connection nearby, you can either buy ones with multi ports or plug in a hub to expand the connections, it also looks better with the front door closed lol.

If on the same fuse board they should work, my downstairs and upstairs circuits are completely different and don't Grrrr!! Front USB port won't flash the box by the way.

Thank you all for replying. Your help is much appreciated. Do home plugs work even on separate circuits with different fuses (in fuse boxes) through out the house? IE my router is upstairs which is situated next to a power socket that is part of a circuit with its own fuse, but downstairs where the sky box is situated, the power socket is on a separate circuit with its own fuse (in fuse box). The circuit are connected to the same fuse box with seperate fuses for upstairs and downstairs. Hopefully this makes sense..

I have mine the same one down stairs and 1 upstairs on different fuses in same box most new houses are set up like that.

Plugs will work fine as long as on same fuse box so u should be grand. Much better than wireless.
If ur short of wall sockets make sure and buy the £32 homeplugs with pass through socket as they must be into wall.

Back